LG Stylos 2 Android

WIMUSKY

Staff member
How would one make the SD card the default for storage?

Thanks!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's my wifes phone. She's moved apps over to the SD, but it sounds like if an ap makes an update it moves back to internal storage. I think the problem is she didn't format the card when it was installed. Who new..... Looks like in needs to be formatted so the phone will recognize it as internal storage. She's not going to be happy since she just moved the aps over again.....

Heck, we have a little Kodak digital camera that recognizes the SD card and automatically uses it as storage. You would think these "smart" phones would do the same. I guess they're not very smart.....

alldodge

Staff member
Wife has a smart phone and I have a flip phone. I told her years ago, I fix the computers but I want nothing to do with a smart phone, other then transferring data. So if she has trouble I just say "I don't know or search me Blab". Have a SD card in my phone, and in hers, and when needed, I use an adapter and transferred files to the computer, format the card and transfer it back.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I have a flip phone too.. haha.... And it stays in my truck... No desire to get a smart phone. Although, I use hers to text my brother and a couple friends and daughter... I am getting tired of being yelled at, "why don't you get your own phone!". Heck, she rarely uses it...... Don't see the issue.. O'well.. :)

alldodge

Staff member
Would have to agree it won't allow internal because it is a portable device. I would also say that guessing an app may not be able to load on a SD card because they don't want someone to copy it. I just don't have much idea.

When the wifes phone was really messing up, I pulled her SD card and copied everything to the computer, then formatted the card. Next reinstalled the card in phone and let the phone format it. Then pulled back out and copied the stuff back over an it work. The computer could not read the info but that didn't matter

WIMUSKY

Staff member
According to that link she should be able to format as internal... Although, reading replies, others had the same issue.. May be able to only move and copy to the SD. That's kinda pathetic... There's some apps she can move to the card, others won't let her.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Try youtube .Me i have an armored sonim Almost indestructible.You can see how much importance i put in phones as i have not used it in 2 years.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
My flip phone cratered last week.( Screen went solid white) Went to Wally World for another cheapo. Was told that flip phones were going to be dropped and would be worthless. Bought a LG. All the info on it is in PDF form; no more user manuals.