Metal detector

bigdee

Commander
My cheap beginners metal detector took a crap so kicking around the idea of getting a medium cost metal detector. Any thoughts on a Garrett Ace 250? After researching online this is the one that appeals to me. Not interested in this as a serious hobby but more as a tool.

foodfisher

Captain
More $ the better/deeper. What kind of "work" is this tool going to do? I hunt the beaches for coins and jewelry, also the wilds for gold, two different machines.

bigdee

Commander
More $ the better/deeper. What kind of "work" is this tool going to do? I hunt the beaches for coins and jewelry, also the wilds for gold, two different machines.

Mostly finding relics. Military used to train here in WWII and have found old shells, dog tags, dummy grenades, coins, lapel pins etc. Also use for find lost/misplaced things. Also there is an old village that was burned down in late 1800's because of the plague....mostly chimneys and foundations in overgrown woods.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Treasurequest.com
​They have the most info on most all metal sectors, and forums to chit chat with other people about the hobby. I think I'd better start visiting there more often... been awhile. I have a Fisher 1280x, picked it up at a garage sale for free, fixed the battery pack and good to go. It'll work for up to 200 feet under water. If you see me more than waist deep with it, call for help......lol