I really don't know how some companies stay in business!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I swear, I go and buy a brand new snow plow for the truck, for the first time in 20 years, it arrives yesterday and I have to put some parts together to mount it, so I go through the hardware kit and I will be damned if they didn't screw up again!

They make 6 different models of this plow, 5 of them have the same hardware kits and 1 of them uses a smaller nut and bolt hardware kit, and I will be darned if they didn't send me the 1 that is different and it needs the larger hardware kit! So every where that requires a 1/2 bolt, I ended up getting 3/8 bolts and nuts, which leaves to much slop and will egg shape the holes on the mounting frame under use.

I give them a call, figured no problem, send me the right hardware kit for the model of plow I purchased, they said sure, it will arrive in 3-5 weeks! Puts me into late Nov, early Dec! which is way to late to be trying to put a snow plow together when you don't have a garage!

Well off to the hardware store to put my own hardware kit together so I can get this thing put together and put on the truck before the snow actually starts in for the winter!

I know, weak rant and first world problem, but crap come on! People, double check your work!

bigdee

Commander
3-5 weeks is about how long it takes to get a shipment from China. I guess they don't want to bust open a box and get the hardware out of it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
3-5 weeks is about how long it takes to get a shipment from China. I guess they don't want to bust open a box and get the hardware out of it.

Open the box with the wrong hardware kit? Never Mind - MT got that one already. :eek:

How much would it cost to keep some extra kits in house for the boxes with no or incomplete mounting kits? Sometimes businesses pinch too many pennies and loose $$$.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
What is so sad, this is a well known American made snow plow, they are the guys that started the home owner plow in the 1920's, they are located in Ohio and have been since day one!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Thats why i have about $1000 worth of hardware in the bins.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
What brand? I have always had boss and love them....however, they are now owned by Toro and I am hearing many complaints.

Have you been to plowsite . Com to see if others are having issues?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Most companies have management that all got the same 'management 101' training. So all the companies are, managed the same way, act/behave the same way, treat customers the same way, set pricing the same way, etc etc. No one loses market share this way and life goes on.