Smart Home

sam am I

Commander
Np Joe..........And after you pair her with it by using her setting apps initially, from then on to get her to re-connect and disconnect, I just say......."Alexa, connect to blue tooth" and "Alexa, dis-connect from blue tooth"

As you do this and it(the adapter) is dis/connecting, you'll hear an series of a few tones played by the adapter into your stereo, Alexa also yaps a bit about the device citing its name as she is hooking/un-hooking to/from it.

As mentioned above, your smart phone/Ipad/Ipod etc can also use it BUT, each one will have to be either stopped (like pause the music) and/or dis-connected so your next device may connect to it..........

For example, I have to tell Alexa to dis-connect in order for my S8 to play music through it. On the other hand I just have to pause/stop the music on the S8 in order for my S5 (and vice verse) to play its music through it.

Alexa is a bit more controlling seems........Go figure eh? Just play around with it a bit, you'll figure it out...

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah just spent a couple days at my friends in ATL and she has her TV soundbar hooked to hers.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
fun stuff. I'm wandering about Florida visiting friends and get to work while I do it - so last night getting a bit over the edge with some adult beverages so whipped out the phone and started jacking with all my stuff back home in TN. The text from the wife was epic. The words contained int he text prevent me from posting it here so just use your imagination.

sam am I

Commander
Hehehe.....I hear ya Joe, I can remotely control any of my sprinkler zones from anywhere. So, If I'm out somewhere and receive a "motion alert" from one of my web cams, of which, basically surround my house and It just happens to be my daughter and her boyfriend, or a pesky deer or a PITA neighbor allowing her dog to use my lawn, well you know :laugh:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ready for doorbell camera, deadbolt preferably with keypad, and two outdoor camera. thoughts and opinions please.

sam am I

Commander
Hi R. Neck Joe,

Sorry I don't do any of the the doorbell or the locks stuff BUT, camera's I do! I use these. I have 5 around my house in various places, including one in the squirrel house (Mom/Rocket J had new babies ....Boris and Natasha ;)) and 4 at work, all of which I can set to get motion/sounds alerts, (among other settings, including two way talk) sent to my phones (BTW Joe, you did pre-order your S9 didn't you? I did...heheh). Simple to use, no video cables to run (wireless video), not too expensive and have tons of features .

You can view all cams on one pages and then select each individually to setup/monitor from Samsung's web(PC)/app(phone) page .......The outdoor camera's I use are their indoor camera's that I just make sure can't get wet, think cuz I'm cheap......However, they do make specific outdoor types.

I'm sure there are many more super high tech/more than likely much more expensive systems others may use but, these work well enough for my simple needs. However, the feature I believe to be quite eliquent is the fact that once setup,the cams don't need the interent/wireless connection in order to do their job, they will record endless loop internally in the SD card as long as they have power

............Get some at Costco or get all on Amazon

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Found out Nest just came out with locks and doorbells - looks like on the locks they teamed up with Yale. I'm trying to keep my ecosystem streamlined.

Anyone buy these yet?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Found out Nest just came out with locks and doorbells - looks like on the locks they teamed up with Yale. I'm trying to keep my ecosystem streamlined.

Anyone buy these yet?

anyone?

I see it has 'pre-recorded' automatic messages but want to know if in my voice with my message or pre-loaded robot voices. Can't find it out there on the net or even on their webpage.

Plus they are already coming out with a more advanced one but I'm assuming my question will still be valid.

so for now, people coming to see my touch two wires together....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Ready for doorbell camera, deadbolt preferably with keypad, and two outdoor camera. thoughts and opinions please.

I use the Yale locks and can control them through my Vera over Z-Wave. The Yale Assure line is Z-Wave Plus. Using Vera to control them has an advantage over Samsung smartthings in that you can change the code remotely. The Smartthings doesn't currently have an app to do that.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
if you are a dork like me.... this makes the day go faster and i focus on work... Alexa skill. awesome.

[h=1]Ambient Space Deck by InvokedApps.com[/h]
bridge noises a bit much, this i just awesome background. Got the Beats Pill connected on blue tooth so good deep base.