65 gr .380 ammunition.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
.380's have become pretty hot personal defense pieces. Some of the newer, most effective personal defense rounds no longer try to rely on hollow points that the cartridge does not have the poop to expand.....soooo, the industry has gone to lighter bullets, with good penetration, that create sizable wound cavities.

None of these rounds are cheap so you do not want to practice with them. What you do want is more conventional, affordable rounds in the same weight category to practice with. Look as I might, the only thing I can find are 90 gr FMJ rounds.

southkogs

Staff member
I think all I've been shooting is the 90gr stuff (gotta' look to make sure). But, look HERE, boomer. I've done a little buying off this deal and I like it so far.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
I think all I've been shooting is the 90gr stuff (gotta' look to make sure). But, look HERE, boomer. I've done a little buying off this deal and I like it so far.

A pretty spiffy website, sk. I bookmarked it. I did find 60 gr RN poly/copper .380's for about as cheap as anything else available.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The link does not seem to work, MT?

Hmmm, I just tried as well, looks like their server is down today for some reason, I know I ordered some ammo from them yesterday right after I posted this message and it was working, so keep giving it a try, I am sure it will come back up soon.