Another wierd Amazon add

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Like the one in the original post, the price seems to good to be true. This time I e-mailed the listed contact. Here's the response I received:
Hi,

The price for Abbyson Living Western SK-1706-BRN-3/2/1 3-Piece Reclining Living Room Set with Sofa Loveseat and Recliner in will be $1,260.00, including all shipping and insurance fees.
The item is brand new, never used, sealed. The item will comes with original box and accessories and USA warranty.

To set up our transaction, I need the following info: shipping address (phone number, your complete name, street name and number, zip code and city) and I will immediately send the required data to Amazon Department.
Your order will be processed by Amazon directly through Amazon A to Z Guarantee Program.
Dispatch will be by normal UPS Services, which takes 2-4 days.

My return policy is full refund in 21 days.

Thanks,
Vera

After receiving the response I contacted Amazons customer service.They did not have any reports of fraudulent activity connected to the add or contact e-mail. However they said to proceed with caution. Since the information requested is readily available I took the next step. However I also cc'd Amazons customer service in the subsequent e-mail. So well see what happens from here.

G_Hipster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, I warned my wife, and yeah the place(different place) will take the furniture back as long as we pay the truck freight to send it back. Lesson learned buying furniture on the internet. Lots of seconds floating around. Just saying... That add sounds wonky and normal UPS doesn't do furniture that large.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Amazon contacted me. They are launching an investigation into the ad and seller. We'll see what happens from here.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
In all the years I have used Amazon, I have never been contacted by anyone to purchase something, it is always something that I initiate?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
And the game continues.......................I just received this correspondence from the seller. (this too was forwarded to Amazon's customer service center.)

"Hi,

I received your info for the invoice, and I am happy to see you decided to move forward. I think you made a great (and smart) choice, as you won't find another deal like this. I have started the Amazon transaction right now. They will send you the invoice, and you will understand the process better once you get it. On the invoice you can find delivery details, payments options and safety plans, and as well their email support for any questions you may have!

PS: Please email me as soon as the money is sent. I will try to speed up the delivery process!

Vera"

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
In all the years I have used Amazon, I have never been contacted by anyone to purchase something, it is always something that I initiate?

MT below is a screen shot of the ad I was responding to. It states "Do not buy until you contact me at: vera48[at]tirusa.Net]

Living%20Room%20Set_zpsyl3dmuh1.jpg

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
MT below is a screen shot of the ad I was responding to. It states "Do not buy until you contact me at: vera48[at]tirusa.Net]

Living%20Room%20Set_zpsyl3dmuh1.jpg

That is weird, me thinks you should probably ignore it and don't crawl down the rabbit hole Alice

:D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Well I received an lnvoice from "Amazon". Looked wholly authentic right up till the payment instructions:

Order Details
Order #106-7476777-8173121
Placed on November 30, 2016
Product Details Abbyson Living Western SK-1706-BRN-3/2/1 3-Piece Reclining Living Room Set with Sofa Loveseat and Recliner in
Condition: New
Sold by ~ Vera Winfrey ~

Facebook Twitter Pinterest $1,260.00

Item Subtotal: $1,260.00
Postage & Packing: $0.00

Order Total: $1,260.00
Selected Payment Method: Amazon Voucher

Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information.

Payment Details

What you are required to do to complete this transaction is to obtain an Amazon.com Gift Card in the value of $1,260.00
How to complete the payment
To purchase your Amazon.com Gift Card follow the instructions as detailed below, when prompted:
Complete Gift Card details
1. To order a gift card or gift voucher, click here.
2. In the ?Enter Amount? field input the balance you want to transfer.
3. In the ?To? field choose your E-mail Address (do not use the seller email address).
4. ?Message?: Leave this field empty.
5. In the ?Delivery Date? field choose Now.
6. Click ?Proceed to Checkout?. Once you have placed your order, your Amazon.com Gift card claim code will be emailed to you immediately.
7. Do not redeem or verify Amazon e-Gift Codes with any Amazon account! Amazon e-Gift Codes must be unused!!!
8. E-Mail us a picture of the Amazon e-Gift Card (code) by replying to this email address!

Please note! Do not redeem or verify Amazon e-Gift Codes with any Amazon account! Amazon e-Gift Codes must be unused!!! Click here If you need further assistance.
Information and instructions about order:

Inline image 1 To confirm your payment please reply to this email with the following details from the payment receipt:
- E-Mail us a picture of the Amazon e-Gift Code by replying to this email address!

Tracking Number Status: Pending

Please note: Your order will not show in our system until you pay the total amount for this purchase.
When you buy from third-party sellers on Amazon.com, the condition of the item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the A-to-Z Guarantee.

We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.com

This e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched.

This was followed by another e-mail from vera49:

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I just received a notification from Amazon stating that they already sent you email with instructions and now are waiting for you to complete and confirm the payment with them.
Please let me know if you have received the email and when you`ll be able to complete the payment in order for me to know when to start the shipping process to your location.

The package is ready for delivery, but it is on hold until you will make and send the payment information's to Amazon.

The package will be delivered to your address in 2-4 days after the payment is confirmed to Amazon.

Vera

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Vera Winfrey wrote:

Both have been forwarded to Amazons customer service dept.

G_Hipster

Petty Officer 2nd Class
lol, listed as used. Email them back that you need their routing and account # to complete the 5k deposit of Nigerian gubm't funds, and your shipper is ready to contatc and recife merchandiez.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
SSSSSCCCCCAAAAAMMMMER

Run as fast as you can in the exact opposite direction and forward all correspondence to Amazon Fraud dept.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I would play along a little bit and ask them for her phone number so you can talk to her. That would be interesting.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Abbyson Living is one of the lines that Costco carries. Hard to believe they are cheaper than the already very low Costco prices on that stuff.
I know that Amazon is in the process of addressing fakes and knock offs much more actively. I don't know enough to know if there is a chinese company knocking off furniture or what. We just finished our basement to a relatively high level of finishings, technology, customization and custom made furniture and cabinetry. When we got to the point of selecting the various faucets for the bathroom and bar sinks, I discovered a whole world of Chinese knockoffs on Amazon I had no clue existed. Technically they are called gray market. We ended up buying two of them for which their Delta Counterparts were about 7 to 10 times more money. Couldn't be happier with them.