Craigslist help needed, how to search effectively

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I have a MacBook Pro, consider me completely computer illiterate.

I live in Northern lower Michigan. Not much craigslist activity, or people in the area.

My goal is to be able to search Craigslist in a much wider area. Preferably I would like to search all of Mi, Oh, In. When I go to search it only seems to search an area defined as Northern Michigan.

Is there a way to search a wider area without having to search each individual sub-area for each state? Being able to search the Mid-west would even be preferable to searching just a single city or area.

sangerwaker

Commander
Use the Ad Huntr website. It's a national craigslist search. Just look at the web address of the ads to know where they are located. Craigslist will force you to search in each city individually.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I use SearchTempest. You can select how many miles from your zipcode or by state/region, for sale by owner or dealer and other search options. Your searches can be saved and the results are by city/area. This is the basic screen;
searchtemp.PNG

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
I use the apps that they have for iPhone if you have one. I really like them and they let you search many places very quickly. Craigslist pro is the one I use. For the computer there are many websites. I recommend the one GA recommended.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Thanks guys. My better half will not enjoy me being able to spend more money on things for the shop but....thank you! All these years and it's so easy!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Can't wait to find an inverter tig welder so I can unload the 699# behometh transformer machine.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I use search tempest or I brute force it by typing in edelbrock 60455 heads site:craigslist.org

basically, what you are looking for and which site