So, what did you do today?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Snacking on fresh B.C candied sockeye salmon that my daughter brought out here from the big island and dreaming of the fresh halibut sitting in my fridge for supper.2 largebags of the candied and 4 nice fillets of the pickerel of the sea.Halibut.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Half way through a ridiculous flapper valve replacement...i think it would have been easier to pull the motor. Elbows were absolutely buried. Well, its apart now... i still can't get pictures to work :(

ezbtr

Commander
Patching and repainting all the S*it work that was done to this house right before I bought it 2.5 yrs ago, whoever was in it got kicked out, repairs are worse than an untrained baby ape could have done, had A/C repaired as they did BARELY enough to pass "inspection" - $900, geez......no pride - and the joy of being on antibiotics for another week, the bathroom is my friend ;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am really getting sick of 330# rolls of shrink film.

I think you say this every year, Jake. LOL

How many down and how many to go barring stragglers? Do you have one of those fork mounted carpet rods on your forklift to make it easier on your back? For what they cost, you could probably knock one together for pennies.

Click image for larger version  Name:	carpetrod.png Views:	1 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	10934994

82rude

Rear Admiral
Last few days nothing but rain! This morning also had very small hail for a while.Next week its time for me to take the atv grouse hunting and exploring.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Pumping rain water out of some footers .. Pour scheduled for tomorrow after lunch ..
Please no more rain for a couple days ! :pray2:

GA_Boater

Pumping rain water out of some footers .. Pour scheduled for tomorrow after lunch ..
Please no more rain for a couple days ! :pray2:

This is 2020 - Noah is trying to build the Ark as another tropical storm builds in the Gulf.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Up at 8 am pump more water , tidy the holes up from wash in , drop rebar ...
‘Start pouring 10;20 ... Done 10:40 ... Just baby sitting till one more trowel pass .
‘Still drizzle rain so it’s taking a while ... Close enough ....
Had to wake up the sil Chris to help me .. Glad that’s done :)! Now back to night shift ...:cold:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
scrapped the popcorn ceiling of the master bedroom yesterday..... went to bed about 2:30 this morning.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I wouldn't ! Popcorn ceilings are hideous ! :puke:
A nice knock down texture would be fine ...
Or slick finish .. jmho

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Would you do it again? All our ceilings are popcorn. My thoughts they will be in again...

scrape them, yes, have 3 rooms and 3 closets to go. ever buy a house with popcorn ceilings again.......most likely not

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Ha, new forum...well, last count puts it at 31 shrinky dinks to go. My body hates me. Probably down to less than 100 winterizations to go. They keep calling though. Seems like a lot of new boat owners this year. A lot of repairs need doing before I can winterize also. Busy busy.

GA_Boater

Ha, new forum...well, last count puts it at 31 shrinky dinks to go. My body hates me. Probably down to less than 100 winterizations to go. They keep calling though. Seems like a lot of new boat owners this year. A lot of repairs need doing before I can winterize also. Busy busy.
Jake - You are one popular guy!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Ah, this new forum. Cant wait til they get the bugs worked out. Almost posted in an old thread...

Hopefully they will get the details back for phone screens...

Oh well, I too busy to answer much anyways this year.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Water spout came off of lake superior and wiped out my buddys storage shed and two big trees.