So, what did you do today?

dwco5051

Commander
No, I am having a heck of a time removing it. I must be missing something. I found a manual online for $100. May have to wait til it shows up. It's an old clarklift. Cy40b. Serial number is so old the parts guy had to go to the paper catalogs in storage. Right now I have degreaser working on it. 1/2" of 50 yr old sludge covering everything under there. Once its clean maybe I can see what's going on.:noidea:

That wasn't a military model by any chance?

Free manual at; https://www.clarkmhc.com/OM/O-202/index.html

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, we got the cylinder out of the fork lift...its off to the hydraulic shop.

I've started the repairs on the Bridgeports...still looking for a good lathe, 16x60 would be nice.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I was able to get the loader tractor started so I guess I should bring in a cord or two of wood as the shops a little chilly this morn.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Went walleye fishing with the grandson yesterday. We ended up with 16 fish. The limit is 16 fish each where we fished.
They're running a little small this time but should be good eating.

Nice day although a little cold. Started out at 20F and warmed up slowly. No ice at porcupine bay.

Generous limits in Roosevelt Lake due to the excessive number of walleye. Harvest more and they should get larger is the idea.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you have to cut anything to get the cylinder out or plain old perseverance?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Up north here they shutdown the limits pretty good, couple walleyes per person with a slot..

82rude

Rear Admiral
Hey Rude - Since you're not busy go help Jake yank that cylinder out and fix the steering. :D

Ya work for beer? :wink:
Im not that cheaply bought.,It would take pizza and beer.In Canadian terms jakes just down the road.Really.just down the road!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Spent the day looking for a used car for a widow friend of mine.Im leaning towards a Hyundai sonata (2012) with 114k kms on it .Other option if she wants to spend a little more is a Kia forte (2014) .My pops just bought a 2013 mint Kia forte and he loves the bugger.Final decision is of course hers ,im just helping as she,s not car savy atall.She,s one of those people that put on maybe a couple of thousand kms a year.Both brands are well regarded and come in cheaper than Toyota and Honda for the same features usually.I was looking at new Kia,s for ha ha,s and their put together very well and have full features for a reasonable price.Me im very happy with my 2013 ford edge which can easily tow my 16 StarCraft ss and the 3.5 has or is a good motor with 285hp and 6 speed sport select tranny.Oh, tomorrow im getting a new fridge and freezer for free as I qualified for our provincial govts elect efficacy program.Perfect timing as my crosley fridge is 25 years old now .

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Spent a couple of hours sitting in the cold waiting for a tow truck to show up because an elk ran out in front of me, I tapped the breaks and blew the fuse on the anti lock system and went straight and the road curved, what a mess, had a couple of guys stop, told me they could pull me out........LOL, no go, no joy, even using my 12.5K winch and using them for a anchor point, all that happened was my truck was a whale, sucking them in for dinner!

It was an interesting day to say the least.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Bummer MT !
‘After s visit with the mother in law , she is in hospice care unfortunately now , been working on filling up a dumpster at the house . It’s amazing how much junk one can accumulate and not use over time ...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Took the wife clothes shopping up in Duluth. Waited while she shopped. It worked out ok, I ended up getting to go to Harbor freight, Northern tool and menards. Found a good deal at menards, 3" 30' tow strap for ten bucks after rebate. My old strap got damaged when I loaned it out:facepalm: Now the loaner will be the old strap. You break it you replace it.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
That's a great snap strap price...I pay over 50 for the 4 or 6 inch ones. I think they are six anyways. When you have a plow truck buried they stretch just right to sling you out.

well, we finally had a good riding weekend...put on close to 150 yesterday with almost perfect conditions...I can feel every mile.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
That's a great snap strap price..

Yeah, I'm back home that same day, kicking myself for not buying more.