So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I think it was a lazy bird...scared of heights maybe... trucks parked under a huge old farmland maple shade tree

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well might as well give up and store the boat.Totally sucked this year due to bulging disc and wornout spinal area.Got out a total of 3 times woop, dee doo!Only cure is major sugery ,god knows how long that will take up here in canada.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I have 3 splashes so far and am very happy... Hopefully one more...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, we are getting ready for the end of the year fandango...

Gonna put the big smoker grill and another large grill on the work barge. We park it on the sandbar. I do six racks of ribs on the smoker. A buddy does sliders and dogs. Yet another does fresh sweetcorn in a big pot on a turkey frier base.

we usually have between 70 and a hundred...

certainly good times are had by all.

prayers for good weather on Glen Lake, Mi. For sunday are welcomed...

Hope y'all have a fine labor day weekend as well.

Thoughts and prayers to all y'all in the path of the storm...if you are not happy with your boat park it in the path and pay up the insurance. If you love your boat I hope it makes it.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Back in the 80,s we use to go down to Traverse City and one of my favorite motorcycle routes was that neck of the woods to HarborSprings .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
So, final total was 101 sliders, 50 brats, 5 dozen ears of corn broke in 1/2, and 5 racks of ribs (3 baby back, 2 st. louis). I nailed the ribs...best ever! I now have to retire from cooking them because I'll never get that lucky again...I set the bar too high.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Deuce, the retriever, had his ear swell up. Figured a bee sting but hasnt gone down in 3 days...guess the vets gonna earn (accept) more of my cash today.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, been getting my rear end handed to me what with winterizing and wrapping season...ahead of the game still but it's been tough. Lots of new folks this year.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I am having dinner with my folks tonight...counting my blessings. They are starting to get "up" there.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Just finished supper. Spent 7 1/2 hours doing an oil change and fuel filters in one boat. 13 gallons of oil, 13 oil/ fuel filters, and cleanup. Then lifted the new tier three motor with the crane into the Nichivo car ferry for the cruise service.
Tomorrow back to running the 150 ton travelift, where I can relax.....

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20191008_211235-2268x3024.jpggot some fridge art from my dear friends daughter. They come up a few times each summer and enjoy the boat. They are the kind of friends that their kids call us aunt kim and uncle rob...touched my heart each time she sends a letter the old fashioned way.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Only worked til 4 today...going to take a half day off to hopefully get me knee in better shape.