So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I wonder if the drill or the seeder could plant rock salt???? This is the stuff that goes through my mind while I enjoy a Founders Porter after 12 hours in the bilge of boats...just need a rocking chair on the front porch, I think I feel old enough.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I swear! Every time I mow it rains....wasn't supposed to rain for awhile so I cut it down good and close to kill it and now we are having a gentle soaker...itll grow 3 inches tomorrow....I think I am gonna put rock salt in the spreader and be done with it for a couple of years!!!!

Image may contain: one or more people, text and outdoor

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20190618_194939-2268x3024.jpg the proof is in the pudding...the coffee cup from quarter to six this morning and the beer from quarter to eight this evening...yes that a real AMI cup. Proud graduate way back when.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I love your sig line grub...reminds me of all the farmers that used to live around here. I had several little outboards come in over the years with hay bale twine holding something togther...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Bought a gas powered wood chipper/shredder today.Handles up to 3-4 inch diam pieces with a 6.5 hp ohv kolher motor.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Just what you need to be doing with a sore back. Go fishing man...rest, hire a 16 year old but dont let them near a chipper...:):sorry:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I find my little chipper, similiar to your but a 16hp v motor likes the wood green. Dry wood will about kill ya trying to feed it in.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Im sick and tired of all my damn weedtrees !Blasted things grow 5 feet or more a year and all over the darn place.This is War!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just what you need to be doing with a sore back. Go fishing man...rest, hire a 16 year old but dont let them near a chipper...:):sorry:

Good luck finding a kid that wants to work. None around here...

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have over 20 cords of downed trees here on my property and I put an ad out there, yours free for the taking, didn't get one contact off that ad, I can't do it anymore or I would cut it up, last winter was a tough one and brought a lot of trees down, so I don't know what I am going to do with it!

:eek:

dwco5051

Commander
I have over 20 cords of downed trees here on my property and I put an ad out there, yours free for the taking, didn't get one contact off that ad, I can't do it anymore or I would cut it up, last winter was a tough one and brought a lot of trees down, so I don't know what I am going to do with it!

:eek:
I feel your pain. I just cut about 30 red and white oaks that all were at least 16” dbh and some over twice that off a property I have 25 miles from my home. Plus another dozen or so spruce and pine and a few nice tulip poplars. Had a timber buyer friend look at what I had and he rough estimated the saw logs (10” and above) at 12 to 14 thousand dollars. Another friend who is a logger went in with me at a 50/50 split for the logs and I would cut up the tops for firewood. Then we started finding about ¼ of the trees had iron in them and now I not only have the tops to cut up but also some logs that showed too much black. The biggest saw I own is only a 24” but that isn’t the problem in cutting up the rejected logs for firewood. The problem is a 30” green oak billet 18 inches long weighs close to 500 pounds. Since I am getting ready for my 80th birthday I think I may have bit off more than I can chew (or split). The only good thing is the logger gave me a grapple bucket for my skid steer which will help but splitting is going to take me all Summer. The other thing is we are in the monsoon season here in the north-east and the ground is so soft we are now at a standstill. Won’t be much fishing for this old man this year.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
This is what has to be done if you try JB weld in a hard to reach spot and then need it fixed correctly...I could have welded it in place if I didnt need to get all the epoxy out... 20190619_132457-2268x3024.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You mean JB Weld doesn't?

I wish JB dropped Weld out of their product names.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
It does okay if it's in a spot that does not flex. But where the "M" brackets attach to a toon there is quite a bit of flex as the boat load and unloads through waves and such. I believe these new light toons flex quite a bit. A lot of the failures I am seeing on the rental boats are due to flexing and work hardening and then resulting cracks. This is just my opinion. I fix two or three a week. These boats get a ton of use though, 8-10 hrs every day it's not raining in season. They also are usually pretty loaded with folks.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well I used the chipper/shredder yesterday.Sure makes cleaning up those weedtrees sort of fun .Cannot stress enough to wear glasses and be very carefull around them.Any size of wood that it doesn't like I put aside for the woodstove.I also last year bought a 25cc Ryobi weedwacker head unit (motor and shaft ) and a 10 foot polesaw attachment for same.Makes short work of branches while keeping safely on the ground.Also put a new jack on the boat trailer,so today off with the tarp and navigloo frame system.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We're just starting summer here too, 70. Just in time for the days to start getting shorter. Lol. Only month we can count on is July...

southkogs

Staff member
90 F here today ... did I mention anything about rain in Tennessee lately? :rain: