So, what did you do today?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Sorry, No Politics......... You've been around
long enough to know that........;)

Last edited by a moderator:

82rude

Rear Admiral
If they dont do that in Canada ill mail you my scanner if you promise to mail it back. TC to the Saulte shouldn't be that bad...
Thanks for the offer.For once something went right this weekend and the codes cleared overnight on their own like somebody said they would.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, today I have a bunch of snow mobile to go through. Preventative maintenance type stuff. It's nice when folks listen and bring them in before they trash them. Maybe we will find something interesting and post up some pics...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Any of you guys that read this, I am in the market for a different lathe...if you hear of someone with a decent 14"+ x 72"+ engine/toolroom lathe w/tracer or taper attachment in the midwest maybe turn me onto it.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Finally got my plow on the atv!Now I can play in my little tiny part of the world,lol.jakedaawg, my uncle has a monstrosity of a lathe,he was a machinist for 40 years.I havnt used a lathe for 45 years.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went out and played with the ace today.Brrrr.!! Sure is easy on the back.Tomorrow when all my neighbors are gone to work im going to do some driveway cleaning just for fun.The woman who moved in next door asked me last year if she could pay me to do her drive but due to my back problems I declined with a full explanation.Wish I could drive the 2 blocks to my friends house and do his but id most likely get stopped by the cops.Loaders and the such can drive all over but I cant and I have lights front and rear.Going to add about 100lbs to the rear box for a little extra weight for traction.Wow just read that this weekend is going to hit -30 to -40!

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Next time I talk to my uncle I will see if he,s ever going to part with that lathe.He,s in his eighties now but he,s also a hoarder type person.He still fishes all the time with his boat and motor.Hope I didn't say anything to upset you .

82rude

Rear Admiral
Did a lot of plowing with the ace today.Ive decided for safeties sake to put a amber revolving light on the roof .I found one at a local store called tooltown for 9.95 cnd!Like 99 percent of those lights its magnetic mounted and plugs into the 12v powerport.Problem is, the roof on the Polaris is plastic.So I was thinking maybe Velcro?Number 2 get some of that trex tape .Number 3 maybe that tape they use to attach vent shades to vehicles.Any thoughts on this minor issue.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I have some double sided mounting tape, can't remember where I got it,or the brand. I use it for mounting my ram mount for a gps on my dash, and one on the 4X4. It holds up well, never let go in 2 years on the wheeler, and when I switched cars, it came off rather easily and left no marks on the dash. The stuff is on a roll just like tape, but black and thick.

82rude

Rear Admiral
im going to try some velco strips first then if that fails I will get some double sided tape from canadiantire.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well the Velcro strips were a fail!So I tried the T-Rex super duct tape and so far success.Being so friggin cold out I heat gunned the tape and its holding great.That stuff is amazing . jakedaawg,come back ,we miss your photos and projects.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I have some double sided mounting tape, can't remember where I got it,or the brand. I use it for mounting my ram mount for a gps on my dash, and one on the 4X4. It holds up well, never let go in 2 years on the wheeler, and when I switched cars, it came off rather easily and left no marks on the dash. The stuff is on a roll just like tape, but black and thick.

If you ever recall the name of the tape pm me please.I tried to pm you but all I got was the stupid blue circle of death from iboats.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If you ever recall the name of the tape pm me please.I tried to pm you but all I got was the stupid blue circle of death from iboats.

Ok, I'll have to find it. It should say on the inside of the roll.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Too cold today to do much so I ordered a nice balaclava and heated gloves for snowblowing and plowing.Ive noticed ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes the tips of my fingers get really cold when plowing or snowblowing.One neighbor came over last night and brought me a very nice meal for doing her driveway and today another brought over a 50 dollar booze store gift card,god bless them.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Low 30s down here. Have been in a Rehab since Jan.8; blood clot; lost right leg.New one coming..Get to learn to do stuff a new way.. A's at home with Broncitus; dog OK. Things will get better..I still have my desire to succeed! Wish List: a working computer.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Too cold today to do much so I ordered a nice balaclava and heated gloves for snowblowing and plowing.Ive noticed ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes the tips of my fingers get really cold when plowing or snowblowing.One neighbor came over last night and brought me a very nice meal for doing her driveway and today another brought over a 50 dollar booze store gift card,god bless them.

Didn't realize they made heated gloves. I've been using my full leather HJC gloves for close to 20yrs and they still keep the fingers, hands warm..... But with todays sleds, you get 10 different heat settings, unlike low and high of past...

82rude

Rear Admiral
I never got cold hands till I got type 2 diabetes,and its just the fingertips which is common .Theres zero nostalgia here for old sleds .The new ones are so superior its sickening.A bucket list dream for me would be to buy a new ski-doo or Yamaha super tourer and visit Quebec and cruze the best trail system in the universe.