So, what did you do today?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Rotated my tires, fixed the window washer sprayer, cleaned the inside windows.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Non turbo ice fishing sled.4 stroke.I believe his is a 2017 swt skandic.The a.c.e. 4 strokes get fantastic gas mileage.10.6 gallons u.s = approx. 195 to 220 miles.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ran into a guy that has one. He's getting 20mpg, yeah, its a 4 stroke. 90hp. The turbo is 150hp. I don't think his was a skandic tho. It was a trail sled.. Saw a guy with the turbo too. He only had 90 miles on it, it was new...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
1/4" of frozen rain covering everything. It was tough to get the shop door open. Remind me why we choose to live in these places??? Is it really worth 10 weeks of the most beautiful freshwater boating? I need to afford a second residence and business somewhere south...

Today is front hub day on a 96 chevy...the ones with the captured rotors...fun stuff...

We will see if the ac delco truck makes it out county...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Today is snow storm day.Roads are very slippery due to mild weather a day ago.Now snow covered and ice ,thank god for awd and my blizzak tires.WIMUSKY I didn't know the 900 ace came in turbo.That great!Another friend has the 600 ace and gets high 20,s mpg which is unheard of in the world of sleds.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well this morning I had maybe a inch of snow in the driveway.6.30 when I went out to snowblow measured from 2 to 3 feet!A worn out back and bulging disc make for a painful job only half done in a hour and a half.Oh boy!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We were supposed to get a bunch of snow. All we got was a bunch of rain. Screwed up the snowmobile trails...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well I waved the white flag of surrender today.Even snowblowing is getting hard on the back so I gave in and bought a koplin atv plow and mount kit.Its adjustable from 48 to 60 inches .Should be a lot better on the back sitting in the Polaris ace.Says 1 hr install time but we all know how that turns out.Sure hope it fits the ace .On sale for 349 cnd .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude Good luck! I hope an ATV can move the kind of snow you get up there. Do you know others who use them successfully in situations similar to yours?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yes,lots of people around me do.Im willing to play all day if it saves whats left of my back.

82rude

Rear Admiral
So I built the plow in my living room (one advantage of being single I guess) now I have a hundred pounds to lugout to the garage.Solution ,toss it out the side window into the snowbank ! Will a bulging disc and wornout back parts you have to get inventive.
46695610571_fbf6bd6f3b_c.jpg

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Good job, back pain is the true "Mother of Invention ".

Had to travel to the big city. Father in law had heart surgery. All is well now.

I get to go to Bass pro and Cabellas on the way home though, (because I have been such a good boy). I think I'll buy a new gun...

Last edited by a moderator:

82rude

Rear Admiral
So battery in 2013 ford edge decided to start to fail.It keeps going to battery saver mode so had a new one installed at wallyworld.It still keeps on going to battery save mode and charging system mode.Ford says they have to reset system with scanner.Is there another way or ?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Nothing works better than a code clear. Most auto parts stores will do it free...have them read the codes and then ask them to clear it once they read it. They do it free hoping you will buy the parts from them...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
If they dont do that in Canada ill mail you my scanner if you promise to mail it back. TC to the Saulte shouldn't be that bad...

82rude

Rear Admiral
HAVE to get oil changed soon anyways so will get ford to do it then.Oil change is a freebee.Ive read that if you let the car sit for 8 hrs it will clear.Bigger issues are on hand .After all the effort of assembling that blasted atv plow I cannot for the life of me mount the mount underneath.Koplin says it works but theres cooling pipes and body tub in the way and im not destroying those.Will give koplin one more call as they were not very helpful last time .Going to chat with manager of store where I bought it and see if I can return partly assembled other wise its tear down time again!