So, what did you do today?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Well I bought a new bike from Wally World to put in the camper and maybe try and get a little excersize . The wife also got one with a covered doggie wagon to pull around .. So I rode the bike and the. Seat needed some adjustment .. Tilted way far down in the front . Don’t ask me why but I unclamped the seat post before I loosened up the clamp holding the seat on ...
You guessed it ! Post slid down the frame and got wedged at the bottom ... :mad:
Turned it upside down ..Shook it beat on it and everything else to try and un lodge it .. Finally after an hour or so and many home made tools I got it unstuck ..:facepalm:
Lesson learned !! :lol:

Funny! Remember when I worked in the warehouse(Delivery) before I got into Service We would assemble bicycles before Christmas for the stores.Found some damaged; missing parts; etc.Put a bunch together.

Wally World hires people who assemble only! Bicycles; Grills; Christmas trees;furniture; etc. Easy work; inside; heard pay was decent. Won't get rich; but quick holiday money

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Moved the snowmobiles out of the shed and the mowers in. Now we need snow. 40s today...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
ate turkey left overs.... drank some beer.... ground some fiberglass.... cut some wood.... mixed some hairy PB..... glassed in some wood..... took a shower.... now drinking whiskey and cokes.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Got my 13 dollar Chinese coil today for my lawnboy .Just in time to mulch the snow!If this is the culprit which im 98 percent sure it is im going to look for a new carb from the same supplier if possible.The carb I got for the toro snowblower works greatBraved Canadian version of black Friday and I survived by looking at the crowd, turning around, and going home.Went back later and got what I wanted so im done for Christmas a month early for the first time in my 60 years on this planet.Their calling for rain for Saturday so my plan to take the suv to the carwash is on hold as it wont last 20 minutes in the slush and crap.

Last edited:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I am going to pray at the Buckeye altar and watch "The Game". Uninterrupted! I am muting every phone...go Bucks...beat the blue and yellar...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got the last boat shrink wrapped, got the wood stacked, got the 06 diesel in the shop to thaw so I can figure out the brake thing... 20181126_161503-2268x3024.jpg all that work and only got 7 stacks. 7.5'x6' wide by tall. Also got two half stacks. So call it 8 by those dimensions. Seems like I oughta be smart enough to figure how many cord that is...but a beer is calling...

82rude

Rear Admiral
That's only 1 Canadian drunk cord,lol.That would last me 10 years in my garage at the rate I burn out there the last few years.The load I have in there right now is at least 3 years old.Heading out there tomorrow to clean up and work on the lawnboy lawnboy .My Chinese coil came in so time to see if that's the issue.This year I had a very large Manitoba maple in my yard cut down so I will burn some of that also.I believe my American friends would call it a box elder.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, the neighbor got a different plow truck so today I will be taking his western vee off a Ford and putting it on a chevy...got the wiring done last night, brackets and auxiliary lighting on the schedule today.

Does anyone know what the circuit labeled "seo acc" on a 2001 chevy 2500 is for? Think I will pull power for co trollers from it but I need to make sure it's not something too important, like abs or engine control or air bags.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Was hoping this thread wasn't going to die; but with weather like it is; Football stuff; Holiday shopping; etc. somebody got to be doing somethin. Got all the shopping done; (2nd year got by less then 1K) Got a big 14 point Sunday; nice 12 Monday in the Rain.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well went today to get a mri on my elbow.Those machines are not meant for people with big shoulders.Man it was a painfull experience since now my shoulders are acting up also!Never thought it was going to end.My bodyis failingme fast.knees(replaced)back,(worn out and awaiting a back surgeon )Elbow (ripped tendon) now the damn shoulders.I believe its osteoarthritis in the shoulder joints.Same crap thT destroyed MY KNEES AND HAD ME GETTING REPLACEMENTS AT 45!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Awesome deer there red fred, I am always a fan of dead deer...they make miserable speed bumps around here, I think I have hit 15 or 16 now.

That's too bad about your ills there 82rude, I know how it feels...pain sucks, I thank God for "daddy's little helpers" (a beer, a shot, and a norco)...

82rude

Rear Admiral
For some odd reason which I cant explain I stopped drinking 3 years ago.Still enjoy home made baileys thoughMe and opiods have been friends for 25 plus years now Don't wish it on my worst enemy.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I know about the drinking thing...I dropped my Jack habit two thanksgivings ago just out of the blue...went from several glasses of Jack a day to none for no particular reason. It's like I suddenly quit being thirsty, although that's when I finally got pain medication. Maybe I just didnt hurt as much. (Pain meds are really hard to get legally here in the states).. I certainly haven't quit drinking entirely it's just now it's a beer or two after the works done before dinner and that's it. Getting old is a drag, painful, boring, and more work it seems. It's also much more expensive...$100 bucks used to last a week, now I spend several c-notes a day...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Awesome deer there red fred, I am always a fan of dead deer...they make miserable speed bumps around here, I think I have hit 15 or 16 now.

That's too bad about your ills there 82rude, I know how it feels...pain sucks, I thank God for "daddy's little helpers" (a beer, a shot, and a norco)...

Yes; finally getting to use my monster Igloo I have. With 8 quarters; 2 nice back straps; 2 gal of milk; and topped off with ice; it will sit for at least a week.

Hang in there Mr. Rude! Speaking of "little helpers"; I am not allowed on the roof (per her); even though its 1 story. During T; some Elves (Grand Kids) came and blew off the roof; valleys;and picked it up. They sent us pixs.

Watching the news now. We are suppose to have a Frog Floater coming in; (6"-8") of rain. Look Out Big H!!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well. Not today but yesterday We went to the zoo .. They fix the place up with lights and stuff really nice ..
Even the train around the zoo gets decorations..
A2CD1379-6147-4A31-B487-82C7AD6667FC.jpeg

Attachments

• DCE95D7C-8819-4645-8D52-45B6F1F58357.jpeg
    DCE95D7C-8819-4645-8D52-45B6F1F58357.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5D2E617F-D53D-40F1-90CA-B0D75BE40758.jpeg
    5D2E617F-D53D-40F1-90CA-B0D75BE40758.jpeg
    763 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Who ever coined the phrase Golden Years was a nut!More like lead years,lol.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, with the new grand baby coming for Christmas I have been informed that we are decorating and putting up a tree...been 20 years at least since I have had one...a little more lead time would have been nice. Guess I need to fire up the snowmobile and scout around the acreage for a suitable spruce or fir. I wonder if I could get away with a little basswood tree, they grow like weeds here...lol, I dont think that will fly...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Well, with the new grand baby coming for Christmas I have been informed that we are decorating and putting up a tree...been 20 years at least since I have had one...a little more lead time would have been nice. Guess I need to fire up the snowmobile and scout around the acreage for a suitable spruce or fir. I wonder if I could get away with a little basswood tree, they grow like weeds here...lol, I dont think that will fly...

I guess congrats are in order! The Admiral put up a tree; why I don't know; we won't be here.

Spent Sunday grinding meat while watching the games. The Fat is coming today; with 4 of us; hopefully it will go fast.

Mr. Rude: that "Gold" they might be talking about "Teeth"!