So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yeah, I gotta get the ballast and the tires on the plow trucks...had about 10" when we got back from the game. Slicker than snake snot...

the 2006 diesel chevy has a new issue, you hit the brakes and only if all the anti locks kick in the pedal sucks down to the floor and wont release til the truck stops...usually after spinning a 180...FML. I just replaced all the brake lines so I wonder if I got one in the wrong port of the divider block???

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude I am guessing your snowblower is getting a workout? Didnt you do a bunch of work on it late last winter?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today I "fixed" the steering on the tractor. Seems like I have to do that once every 6 weeks. It's a kioti and the steering seems to be a poor design if you ask me.

Went to fire up the splitter and the recoil broke. That should be a fun job this evening.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Woke up this morning; 30 dg outside; wind N at 30. Dr. appt. AM.Had banged my hard head on some thing several weeks ago; developed a knot. Hit it again; Dr. gave me some ointment to cure it. Made it grow! (Size of quarter and tender; could not touch it). After about 5 minutes of stinging pain (shots) he burnt it off. Tylenol #3 and a 3 hour nap helped a bunch.
Suppose to hit middle 20s tomorrow; Bring it on!! No plans;at least outside.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well, winter has arrived with a vengeance.Got dumped on Friday and again last night.Today I have to dig out my Polaris ace that's sitting on its 6x10 trailer so I can put it in the garage and use the trailer to retrieve my friends honda blower from another buddys home.Back is bad last couple of days so what should be a minor inconvenience is now a major pain no pun intended.I must of forgot to put stabil in the toros gas tank as it took a new plug,draining both the carb and tank and a few hours of cursing to get the normally easy starting blower to finally come alive then 15 minutes of it barely running until she perked up and ran great.Note to self and cautionary tale to my iboats friends,use stabil if your storing vehicles or equipment for a fair period of time.First time in 13 years I forgot and what a pain.On the good side of the ledger my ford edge awd with winter tires is a friggin snowmachine .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Tell me you just didn't mention Stabil. In 5, 4, 3 ,2......... :laugh:

82rude

Rear Admiral
WORKS FOR ME ,LOL.Actually I believe I have a carb problem as its now hunting up and down so I will clean .I figure its that air screw on the side with the plastic cover over the head ,its most likely plugged up.We got at least a foot on the ground already.

82rude

Rear Admiral
While im resting my back I looked up toro carbs on the bay and amazon.Wow, are they ever cheap .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I heard you guys got a bunch.

Just giving you a hard time. You've read plenty of stabilizer threads. They're kinda like oil threads.... lol

That's ok, I'm a firm believer in Seafoam....lol

If the carbs r cheap, it may behoove you to by a new one... And not even mess with the old one?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Just might be ,I will get the model number and check it out.Looks like 20 odd dollars Canadian .

82rude

Rear Admiral
19.58 cnd delivered by fri .paid extra 3.99 for fast shipping .So total is 19.58 .Parts tree wants 89 u.s.d.Of course its a Chinese carb .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Of course. Although 4 that price, might as well try it...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Where do you guys find your Briggs parts? I need a recoil for a 6.5 hp Intek 206. I cant even figure out the model number? Supposed to be on the valve cover?

82rude

Rear Admiral
My toro most likely has 2 maybe 3 times the hours on it vs the average blower even though my driveway isn't very long I live on a major city street and can get plowed in big time up to 4 times a day when it really snows.Tuesday night dump
32015887158_d833c3ea99_c.jpg

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
My toro most likely has 2 maybe 3 times the hours on it vs the average blower even though my driveway isn't very long I live on a major city street and can get plowed in big time up to 4 times a day when it really snows.Tuesday night dump
32015887158_d833c3ea99_c.jpg

Wow! I couldn't live like that! If I woke up; saw that outside; I would roll over; go back to sleep thinking it was a bad dream.
What would be funny is to open the door to let the dog out. He might lose the urge or take the plunge.
I 've been wanting to ask: With all all these "Plow" posts; were you doing this as a business (like landscapers in the Summer); or this to just to get around? My question is answered. Last time we had Snow; I blew it off with the Cub Zero Turn.Happy plowing!

82rude

Rear Admiral
I actually have winter boots rated for -100 f .Bet you don't have much use for them down in Texas,lol.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I actually have winter boots rated for -100 f .Bet you don't have much use for them down in Texas,lol.

You are right! I could run you a race on thermals; socks and gloves. My hands and feet are always cold. 9 AM now; O/S 29;F/L 26; Wind N28.

Went to Denver several years ago in April. Tripped on a sidewalk; broke my thumb. It was so cold I didn't feel it.Wore a glove with a ice cream stick until We got back. Was put in a cast then.

Texas gets snow I know; but something like that down here;people would go beserk!

Good Luck and TRY to stay warm!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I 've been wanting to ask: With all all these "Plow" posts; were you doing this as a business (like landscapers in the Summer); or this to just to get around?

In the northwoods they go hand in hand. Pretty tough to landscape with ft of snow. So we break out the plows....