So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
The new deck and stairs, concrete and tubes and foundation blocks are in the barn at the moment. 20180718_165106-1512x2016.jpg

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have one of those upstairs air conditioners. ;)

By the way, good job getting those old stairs away.

I spent the day loading and working on an old 1000 gallon tank. The tank is stainless steel but the frame below it is rusted out steel.

My daughter needs it for construction water.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20180719_130900-1209x1612.jpg that's the handels of the post hole digger. 55 inches deep. Stuck 8" tubes down both hole and filled with crete...

place a 1/2" anchor bolt in them.

hope the gub'ment does not come to check cause the pics with the tape measure showing depth did not save for some reason. Reminds me how much I hate technology and buearocrats a.....

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
55" holes; concrete; the house might blow away; the posts won't. I had to dig a hole for a service loop.(8"d; 16' tall. Went down guessing 4'; then concrete. Light Co. said it was overkill. The trailer is gone; but the pole is still there hooked up.
Still got electrical issues; had buy AC window unit. Will install early tomorrow; suppose to over 100dg next 4 days.

82rude

Rear Admiral
All in the pic are considered brim, just different sizes.
Here's a perch... A very nice one...

Up here the limit is 50 perch.I caught your fishes bigger brother yesterday but nobody else was biting.Night before 2 fellas got 80.Very tasty fish and honestly haven't fished for them for 30 plus years.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Too ?/%$ hot to fish down here. 102dg now at 4:30. Got the Admiral happy; got her AC unit installed. We did it together; no arguments. Wierd!!
Someone mentioned fish markets; none close. 2 grocery stores here and a Walmart. Only one sells crawfish in season.
Waiting on the progress of the porch.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Redfred1 Where are you that it's so hot and the grass grows so much? O wait till right before a dry spell and mow it down close so it dies ...I hate mowing.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
North of Houston in the middle of the woods. No manicured lawns around here; just field and Johnson grass. Soil is sandy' one good rain and the grass jumps out. Cutting grass doesn't bother me; as long as I'm riding. No push mowers here.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Redfred1 fished at 7 am till just before noon then off the lake as it was 93f .Ordered new step bars for the f150 extended cab.Nice ss steel 2 pads for approx. 110 usd on the big A. With the messed up back these are super handy.My old ones are messed up and these are cheap .Today will be wash and wax the truck day.I use New Finish once a year car polish ,it gives the beast a great shine and protects the finish very well.

Last edited:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Yea; up there you guys are in SS shirts and cutoffs. Down here it's Loin Cloths. Inside by Noon. This heat is #$@ on us .Seniors.
No Burn Ban or water shortages yet; won't bother us;

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Just after 9 AM it was 89d; F/L 95. 2:30 nowl; 99d. F/L103..I know it is hotter elsewhere; but It is better than the tornado's and flooding up North. I feel for those folks

82rude

Rear Admiral
I gave a quick run down on a storm up at camp on page 49.Brother went up since then and today told me the storm caused major tree murder approx. 1/8 a mile away from us just across the river.Will have to wait for pics to figure out if a tornado touched down or a microburst.Leveled 3 separate areas in a row skipping over the church camp were 50 kids were a day before!!Mega amounts of large poplars totally destroyed .In my minor knowledge of storms microbursts will level trees all in the same direction where as a tornado will scatter them all over.Im not sure if a burst would skip along though?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
it's after 6 here; clicked on the Weather Channel. 96; F/L102. Tomorrow 101. East Coast is catchin it