So, what did you do today?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Shampooed the interior of my car, washed the windows, and exterior, waxed the whole thing. First day all winter it was nice enough out.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Changed the oil in the trucks, all of them...

still waiting on parts for tractor...

still watching snow melt...can actually see dirt in places, won't be long now...

praying it gets warm enough to wash the dog, he really stinks...

yep, bout it for today.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Is that your driveway off the porch?If so glad I don't have to snow remove that.Last year I bought a entry level sthil weedwacker but it was not attachment capable.I found that out after I bought a polesaw,lol.So anywho I went and bought a Ryobi weedwacker a homedespot today that doesn't have the end on it but accepts all attachments such as blower,sweeper etc.Snow is melting fast up here in the soo.Maybe in a month or less should be able to get out for steelhead and king salmon plus coho,s.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Went to Costco to get the TPMS reset on the car because I took the Blizzaks off and put the summers back on. Also went to fill up as the Oil Robber Barons jacked the price of gas up 15 cents a liter(45 cents a US gallon after exchange rate) over night and Costco was still at yesterdays price. Well the TPMS reset wasn't going well, goofy car has a real contravluted procedure to follow. The FOB was in the car and I closed the door so some nine iron could get by. Well the door caugh and for some reason the car didn't recognize the FOB was inside so the doors locked. Great, called the auto club and they came out, man that little Caddy is next to impossible to break into. Next time a window will be opened. Never did get the TPMS reset as one sensor wasn't transmitting. maybe several miles at semi-legal speeds will wake it up.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Sitting on my porch, watching snow melt, in my SHORTSLEEVE shirt! WOOHOO!

It has been a very long winter. Last week it was -17(1.4f) w/o windchill, today it was 22(72f), more than hot enough for AC. WOOHOO is right' Shorts and Shortsleeves

82rude

Rear Admiral
Guess where you live jimmbo your held hostage to the gas fixers.Me I live on the border so 5 minutes saves me big time.Makes a huge diff if your using a boat and other toys and on a pension.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I think our cold weather is finally over down here. Suppose to be high '70s. Still have that North wind though.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Guess where you live jimmbo your held hostage to the gas fixers.Me I live on the border so 5 minutes saves me big time.Makes a huge diff if your using a boat and other toys and on a pension.

Well I did retire about 2 1/2 years ago, so I do understand about the pension, I still have a year and a half til I'm 60 and can draw Canada Pension. So for now it is Pension and Investment Income.

I flew over your city a few years ago, but have never been there. My brother totaled a car there about 30 yrs ago, the cop investigating the accident tried to impound the doughnut shop detector my brother had borrowed from me. Were they illegal in Ontario back then? I know they were only semi-legal here till a couple years after I got mine

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
YEH I think they have been illegal for a long time.The standing joke around here was if you needed the cops call Tim Hortons .Last year there was a 4 cars wreck fest just outside my house and the cops never showed up atall so after about 2 hours everbody limped home or was towed without a cop ever gracing the accident .Than god nobody was seriously hurt.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well for the last few days my truck has been squeaking like mad and ive been greasing and hunting it down.Grabbed right tie rod today and its loose.I believe the centerlink is pooched Will take it in to a guy I trust and see whats up for sure and get a quote.If its the normal Canadian rip off prices I will rock auto the parts . If I use my American address I could get the parts fast of maybe just go over to one of several auto parts stores over in Michigan and get the parts there.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude what do you need, I get A.C. Delco wholesale, could I have it drop shipped to you cheaper? I dont know...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Don't know yet .Just out of curiosity how does drop shipping work?If I grab the passenger side tie rod and pull it will move the centerlink.drivers side is solid so I'm guessing the stabilizer bar is shot on the right side??In the manual it shows a pitman arm attached to the centerlink on 2wd.4wd pics do not list or show that .,but there must be something to attach to the centerlink and it looks like the stab bar.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
82rude What are you working on?

I am not even sure that I can have something drop shipped up there. Around here it means I order it from them and it is shipped to my shop instead of the parts store. The local parts store never sees it but it is billed to my account. Again, not sure it possible or legal, certainly don't want to upset the system. But, I have saved a few folks some bucks in the past.

82rude

Rear Admiral
f150 4x4 2003 .I'm pretty sure the pitman arm is shot on the right side.Will know tomorrow.Soo Michigan has them for 23 to 30 bucks Not that I need it or at least I hope I don't but rock auto has a kit to replace all tie rods ,upper and lower control arms and ball joints for the whole front end for 560 cnd .My brother just paid a minor fortune to do his junk heap dodge ram 5.7 his is 4 years mewer than mine and has had the front end replaced totally,rear end totally,and motor seized 2 years ago because the oil pump decided to take a vacation.Soo Michigan has napa ,advanced and a couple other auto parts stores .

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Building a mountain of dirt at my daughter's new homesite. Removing a mima mound from in front of their future garage site. Some of the dirt is 6' deep.

Giving my old back hoe a work out.

dwco5051

Commander
Building a mountain of dirt at my daughter's new homesite. Removing a mima mound from in front of their future garage site. Some of the dirt is 6' deep.

Giving my old back hoe a work out.

I got to learn something new today thanks to Wikipedia. Now I have to figure out how to use mima mound in a conversation with other people here in the East.