So, what did you do today?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Blackberry jam and sell it to your customers.

Rock salt isn't good. Do you have a junk mower to "trim" close to the shop.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Why is Rock salt bad? I got to think it more enviro friendly than a chemical but I could be way wrong.

The goal is to have dirt. Grass and weeds that could be mowed would be 2nd choice.

The black berry stems or vine or stalk whatever you call it is un mow able. It's also incredibly resilient. Try to get auto spell to accept that, sorry. It stops the mower on the back of my Kubota. Its stops the John deer. A blade on the weed Wacker cuts it but it grows back. And leaves sharp pointy sticks sticking up everywhere.

LundAngler1650

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You need a brush hawg.

I spent another day wishing that I was not injured, and could go work on my shop build, or a thousand other projects, since I am at home anyway.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
2 acres of salted earth is called a mudhole. Do you have plans to use the acreage?

Do what ever to knock them down and till the area. Enough tilling and they won't grow back.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, after all the googleing and asking folks I ambgoing to resort to prayer...

I think I will try the brush hog again but use the neighbors bigger tractor. Then rock salt. I want it dead. Then get the topsoil out and spread road bed. It'll be good parking for the shop and boats. Or for wood piles. Being that I hate lawns and the upkeep of them. This is all on the "shop side" of the property. I think I jinxed myself. It seems they took off when I agreed to store a couple sailboats.(Just joshing, am a wrench turner you know).

I was just wishing for a less work type of scenario. I wish I had started assaulting them 20 years ago. It's just that they kind of stayed put for 17 years and were not a problem. Then all of the sudden, Boom, the patch tripled.

My neighbor loves them, they are always down here picking the darn berries.

Last edited:

tommyhilly

Recruit
My wife's mother came to visit us, so I'm sitting in the garage. And I'm not just sitting out, I finally got my order. I ordered a coffee maker without BPA. I thought that environmental friendliness should be in everything. And in general, the age is not the same to drink lousy coffee. Ordered it here in case anyone needs it.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Help the Admiral with stuff this morning until she kicked me out to go work on the boat......

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Nothing like mimosas on the sand bar with smoke on the meat. Abundant sunshine. Does not suck.

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
That all sounds like fun, even working on the boat. No sunshine here today but no storms either just a lazy day

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just bought some Clint Black tickets for the show at Seminole Hard Rock for Oct. 29th

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Headed to work this morning at around 6 am .. Guy decides to run a red light and total my company truck .. The rest of the day could only get better from there ... I'm a little beat up and he was a bit more beat up but luckily nothing serious ... Seatbelts and airbags seem to be a good idea I think ..

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Headed to work this morning at around 6 am .. Guy decides to run a red light and total my company truck .. The rest of the day could only get better from there ... I'm a little beat up and he was a bit more beat up but luckily nothing serious ... Seatbelts and airbags seem to be a good idea I think ..
Yikes, glad you are ok. I got t-boned a few years ago. Guy ran a stop sign. Totalled my jeep. Lucky it was winter, He spun around, if it was on dry pavement it could have been worse.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just finished mowing the lawn for the last time for the season (i hope). Put the lawn mower in my mothers garage so i would have room for my boat in mine. Soon be time to get the snow blower ready for the winter. Goin' moose hunting this evening.