So, what did you do today?

foodfisher

Captain
Short of surgery, bad joints is usually due to lack of buffering between bones. My shoulder pain was remedied by suplementing with colligin (sp). Not quick but it works

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Gonna try and get pics to work. Did some more skegs today for a local marina. 1st pic is weld in progress. 2nd pic is skeg after fairing. 150hp Yamaha I believe.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Jumpin jeebus batman!Last week 35 to 45 f now in the next 2 days it may hit 104 f with the humidex and high 80,s low 90,s with out.Its been in the 80ms the last little while ,guess the cold weather is gone!Grass is growing real fast so mr lawnboy is going to get a workout this year I think.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
1st boating day, got the annual sunburn to prove it. I'll be a brown bear in no time.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
20200526_140856-2268x3024.jpg well, I lied. Ended up boating two days. Here is the second. Worked all day today though. Really hot for our area, high 80s humid. Really got interesting to day as I kept smelling smoke. Turned out the mill down around the bend took fire and was destroyed. At least one of their buildings was. Praying for the workers, to fight through the shutdown and then come back and have your job burned up...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Two days in a row! You're gonna be brown after the peel. LOL Time to fire up the cooking barge?

Most likely equipment sitting idle and not being maintained before start up.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, bad news. BRP is giving up on Evinrude. With luck maybe they'll make parts for 5 years...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Hey, just noticed the logo changed? What happened to the moose or hippo or whatever that thing was? New owners?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Trying to finish up my wife’s home office ..Using the spare bedroom . Took out a closet ,new lighting ,new flooring .. Just a little trim left and it will be done ... She’s full time working from home now ..
Off and on watching space X and cities burn ... Mayor just issued a curfew for our county .. Wonderful ...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, can always tell a storms coming in. Cell phone internet gets screwy, all we got out here in the woods. Rains blowing sideways like. Straight out o the south. Hope the other half broke tree dont fall on the small shop we just fixed. Guessing we got gust to 40-45 mph.

anyways, the local praxair dealer gave me a pound 4943 filler rod so I'll be welding up that hole in the merc y pipe shortly. I'll post the pics if the net holds up. Looking forward to trying the "majic" filler. Turns out it was engineered right here in traverse city. Who'd a think it.

today snookered me. One of those days. Got a new strut in for an inboard tige ski boat, course the holes were miss drilled. Off by a 16th at least. Gonna braze them up and mill and countersink them properly.

is there such a thing as a Phillips 4? The ph3 doesnt fit well in the new fasteners they sent with the bad hole pattern.

had to fire a new customer before he ever even unhooked his rig. Walked up to me and wanted to elbow bump. I politely explained that I would either shake a hand or stay 6 feet away, his choice. I dont do bumps. I dont live in fear. He freaked out on me...blew my mind. He got really mad. He said your the guy every one says to bring my boat to but you must be a trump guy. I said I'm not political I just refuse to bump elbows. Well he freaked out. Called me every name in the book. I told him there's 22 boats here dont need yours. Wha5s the world coming to?

Pulled the bennington out today, put it in the neighbor's barn. She and our other friend do covers. Looking forward to the new one they are making. I supplied them with $986 worth of materials and webbing and grommets and tools for the grommets. This will be their second pontoon cover from scratch. The 1st one was the best I've ever seen made. These old farm girls grew up sewing cherry shaker canvas and such. Boat covers were pretty easy for them to master. The vinyl seat work they did was incredible. I am pushing to have them work out of my little shop but they dont want a full time gig, already lived a life.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Never understood the elbow bump .. A lot of people cough and sneeze into their elbow . I think I’ve only done that twice .
Felt pretty silly . Lol! I usually stay back a bit with a head nod and maybe a Tim Conway looking wave to great folks ..
If someone sticks out their hand for a shake I don’t turn them down .. That’s what hand sanitizers are for ...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Isnt it fun...guy complains his 94 donzi doesnt run like it used to...find original h2o pump and impellar I assume, doesnt look like it was ever cracked apart. Original cap wires and plugs, nothings ever been done....wtf???

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sounds like a cash register ringing up a sale, Jake. LOL

Check the oil and oil filter if the dipstick isn't fused in place.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Ever have a carb that grows a garden every year? No matter how well I boil it out each year...it always grows stuff. I think the guy is using bad gas but, wow. Ever single year...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got swimmers itch putting a hoist in. Only way to cure it fast is nail polish on each little chigger bite. Only problem was admiral was out of the clear nail polish. So I figured what the hey, red white and blue dots all over my legs now. LMAO....if I could get pics to work I'd post .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I know that probably just started an online argument but we have been dealing with "the itch" for 40 years or more. The nail polish blocks the little hole the parasite got into you with. I figure it cuts their air off. Either way it solves the itch in less than an hour. Better than two days of scratching. If you dont have it in your area be thankful. It's a little parasite, some call it a chigger, that's life cycle is between snails and ducks feet. Sometimes it mistakes our legs for ducks feet.

There, I opened the door, flame away. Haha