So, what did you do today?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Forecasted to get dumped on tonight.Ready as I will ever be.Glad I got the winters put on last week.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yup, here we go again...it missed us but it's cold, and the snow we have isnt going away I fear.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Must of went north of the soo.Lake superior can change storm tracks to the north or south of us frequently.Or like in the 90,s dump 5 plus feet in days.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Snowing pretty steady now.Glad I never took the plow off the atv this summer.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Up north were getting light flurries. All the heavier stuff has been going south, go figure. . Which is fine... Too early...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Yeah, I have to get the plow out...10+ so far since noon yesterday...lake effect mostly but it still adds up. About 200ft visibility at the moment. When I cant see out to the road that usually means an inch an hour or so...metric I guess would be 2.5cm/ per whatever time measurement those crazy folks use....haha just kidding.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So all the boats you wrapped and were looking snow covered are really snow covered. :D

This is all too early. We had frost already! :blue:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
3 left to wrap...folks keep bringing them...now I have to bring them in, shovel them out...suck them out with a shop vac...crank the wood furnace up amd blow dryers on them for 24 hours....we can dry 4 at a time.

GA_Boater

Jake - You might finish wrapping boats by Christmas. Just in time wrap presents. :smile:

82rude

Rear Admiral
jakedaawg, im a imperial measurement guy living in a metric country.Metric still drives me nuts.My ford is set for miles,farenhight etc.Where it might get a little goofy is in gallons as im thinking imperial which is larger.5 imperial equals 6 u.s.Ibuy the vast majority of my gas in Michigan and oil also,but im totally comfortable switching between imperial,U.S and litres.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Before I plowed the drive today went and got eggs and saw that the snow is just white pavement brigade is already out.Newer dodge ram was trying to mate with a telly pole.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well they forecast 1-3 for last night. I awoke at 430 this morning to find nearly a foot...I am getting too old for this stuff...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
jakedaawg, im a imperial measurement guy living in a metric country.Metric still drives me nuts.My ford is set for miles,farenhight etc.Where it might get a little goofy is in gallons as im thinking imperial which is larger.5 imperial equals 6 u.s.Ibuy the vast majority of my gas in Michigan and oil also,but im totally comfortable switching between imperial,U.S and litres.

Ah so...the gallons ARE different. That damn gas tank from the Soo makes sense now...it says 5.5 I think but I can always put close to 7 gallons in it. It's an old plastic mercury tank from 19 whenever...early 80's i believe. I just figured mercury could measure about as poorly as they could use part numbers...haha

GA_Boater

Well they forecast 1-3 for last night. I awoke at 430 this morning to find nearly a foot...I am getting too old for this stuff...

Maybe the Merc part number guy has a new job? :rolleyes:

Good thing you got the sleds ready to go. Might have to make a trip to town for milk and bread and other drinkables.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Maybe the Merc part number guy has a new job? :rolleyes:

Good thing you got the sleds ready to go. Might have to make a trip to town for milk and bread and other drinkables.

Yep, weather people and tenured high level university professors, they never seem to lose their jobs regardless of how little they get right in the actual world.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, its Thanksgiving here...got a 14# bird for the friyer and an 18# bird on the smoker...hope tou all have a great day with family, friends, and hopefully a stranger or two...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, everything came together. Made a deal today that results in a set of sea legs for my pontoon. The price was right...$0.00. Yes, I guess I'm bragging. In my defense I never got lucky like this before.