So, what did you do today?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Rained all day. Watched 2 movies with my daughter, Cars and A Bugs Life. No she's not a kid, she's 23! Pulled the grill to the porch and made brats...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
StarTed the bluish in the gas is probably oil that seems to get forced into the lines and carb bowls when a VRO motor is stored. Itll be fine. It helps to run for a few minutes with high idle and the red lever on the primer open. After a bit shut the red lever off and run till it clears up. Super common for the bowls and the line to fill with oil while its stored if the fuel line is left plugged in.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for that info. Jakedaag. I took it out yesterday and it reved up to over 4500 on the way out. Fished a bit then ran it back in. Started immediately and no smoke the second time. Ran around 4600, 4700 on the way back. Just like a horse, wants to get back to the stables.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got everyone out on the boat...finally was able to turn the phone ringer off. Actually the admiral said no more service calls. So here we are. 20190705_163614-2268x3024.jpg

82rude

Rear Admiral
Gassed up across the border in soo Michigan.Went to meijers and got2 bottles of Repel 100 bug spray(98percent deet).Looked for a new plug for my scotti elect down rigger.Some lowlife scum stole mine and the damn boat plug too!Unfortunately I live in Canada so baseball batting said lowlife or kneecapping with a 12 gauge is frowned upon.
Well im going to have to shoot myself!Went into my toolbox Saturday in drawer number 4 for the 25th time and there was the plug!!! How the hell could I of missed it all those times?

dwco5051

Commander
Well im going to have to shoot myself!Went into my toolbox Saturday in drawer number 4 for the 25th time and there was the plug!!! How the hell could I of missed it all those times?

Unlike fine wines the ability to recover "stolen" tools does not improve with age. My latest episode was a few weeks ago when some lowlife stole my good oil filter wrench with the red handles. After a half hour or so of looking through both cabinets I grabbed an old strap wrench and finished the oil change. Put the strap wrench back in the drawer and lo and behold the thief returned the red handled wrench with one with black handles. Maybe I forgot the wrench I was looking for did had black handles. The mind plays weird trick on us old timers.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Honest thieves are not to be forgiven! LOL

Ever have a spring fly across the garage and searching was fruitless? So you get a new spring and the next time one flies you find the first one. So #1 goes in spares jar and you order up a new one for #2. And so it goes, a never ending lesson about something Zen. :lol:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Ive actually searched all over for a lighter that was in my hand,lol.Im 61 so I have to blame meds not old age,lol.Im going to try to go fishing tomorrow which will be 5.30 till maybe 9.30 am before it gets scorching hot tomorrow.Looks like Thursday the heat breaks and more reasonable temps will settle in.Really want to catch enough coho salmon to smoke them and make candied salmon .Yummm!!!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm not that bad off, Rude. The lighter was in my other pocket. :doh: The pocket also had the screwdriver I was looking for. True! :facepalm:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Darn darn,darn.If I had of checked the weather report for lake superior last night like I do every other time,i would of seen that whitefish bay was up today and not wasted mine and my buddies time going out to Havilland bay .Looks like 3 to 6 footers are in the offing .It was already crappy at 8.Another senior moment I quess.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Furthest ive been is to Parisienne island which is about 7 or 9 miles offshore.I only have a ss160 so I have to be very aware of weather.I ship out of Gros Cap Ontario.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well we were going on a picnic this morning until the clouds and T-storms rolled in so I am finishing up a built in gun cabinet in the shop so I can get this hoard of AR's out of the house, my wife is starting to give me that look!

:facepalm:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went fishing yesterday ,good smallie action.Seen the biggest damn purple and blue floating flamingo water bouncy toy .It was huge ,lol.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Went fishing yesterday ,good smallie action.Seen the biggest damn purple and blue floating flamingo water bouncy toy .It was huge ,lol.

Someone has one of them flamingos up here also. It's got to be 7 feet tall I think. We have smallies here to!