So, what did you do today?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Saw a 6 pointer. Let him go.

I usually only try for the anterless; usually have more of them. Down here the spread has to be 13"; P2P. for a Buck. Not to make a Pun; I have been told that "Horn Soup" tastes bland.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I usually only try for the anterless; usually have more of them. Down here the spread has to be 13"; P2P. for a Buck. Not to make a Pun; I have been told that "Horn Soup" tastes bland.

If it's venison, bear, moose, elk, or most animals, they taste good. Lol. Yeah, saw 2 Does also, didn't get tags for them this year though.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Not today, only heard 2 . Usually most up here sit opening weekend. I prefer to casually walk around in areas I think look good. I bet tomorrow there are a few more, as some have to Monday.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I remember from last year you like to still hunt. I'm a stter. Find out where they're running and wait, wait, wait...

Not hunting this year tho. Talked to a couple buds and they're not seeing anything or much for shots. Wife took the dogs 4 a walk and didnt hear a shot. I know N Mn had a tough season..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Got my first buck of the season yesterday !
‘Unfortunately it was with my company truck headed to work ...
Today went shopping to feed my crew at work tomorrow.
Around 60 or so ...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
No luck so far. But I'm not going to sit outside and wait on them. Same thing happened to me. was given a new Service Van.First day out;was running through the Piney Woods; made a curve; a fawn ran across the road. One second later the mother ran in front of me. (Hit her at 50+). Airbag;fur;glass everywhere. Had to roll the window down to get out. Van had less than 100 miles on it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Almost hit a bear tonite. I would have thought they would be hibernating already, been cold enough for awhile..

82rude

Rear Admiral
Time to drag my sorry butt outside and try out the new carb on the toro.I could hear the city hard at work last night ensuring my end of my driveway way filled in with heavy deep snow as usual.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Time to drag my sorry butt outside and try out the new carb on the toro.I could hear the city hard at work last night ensuring my end of my driveway way filled in with heavy deep snow as usual.

Hope you got a warm spot picked out and its electric start. Almost 8 here; says 38 O/S;suppose to hit 60. Believe it when I see it!
The Admiral bought me a new Carhart jump Suit with a hoodie. Stiff as a board! Got to figure out a fast break in.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
When I was 16 I would do anything for gas money. I cant find anyone who will stack wood. Even went as high as $15/rick $100minimum. What is it with the kids today...I keep thinking I wish I had made some but maybe not as they dont seem to have the same pride and work ethic as we did... 20181120_091410-1512x2016.jpg

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
When I was 16 I would do anything for gas money. I cant find anyone who will stack wood. Even went as high as $15/rick $100minimum. What is it with the kids today...I keep thinking I wish I had made some but maybe not as they dont seem to have the same pride and work ethic as we did...

If you were closer; I know 2 boys (Neighbor kids) who would stack it. They love to collect $20 dollar bills.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
So, today I had to stop splitting wood and take the dog to the vet.

You see, Friday night during "safety meeting" the admiral and her girl friend detected a lump on the dogs neck/throat. I could not feel it but said I did because it is the path of least resistance. So off to the vet we go....

I was told to explain the other symptoms that this lazy 10 year old golden retriever exhibited. I explained that he sleeps a lot, that he's less active, that he doesn't quite act right you know, kinda lazy and slow.

Well, $191 dollars later the dog has been diagnosed.

It turns out that he has, wait for it,....

an ADAMS APPLE!!!!!

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ Sorta' not funny ^^^ ... but I laughed anyway. :D

Glad the dog's okay. Goldens are great.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
+1 on the good news. But it being 70; he probably needs to slow down. I'm 70+; he probably moves faster than me!

Ours has settled in. Spoiled; hates L/M; Ducks; strangers so far.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well I bought a new bike from Wally World to put in the camper and maybe try and get a little excersize . The wife also got one with a covered doggie wagon to pull around .. So I rode the bike and the. Seat needed some adjustment .. Tilted way far down in the front . Don’t ask me why but I unclamped the seat post before I loosened up the clamp holding the seat on ...
You guessed it ! Post slid down the frame and got wedged at the bottom ... :mad:
Turned it upside down ..Shook it beat on it and everything else to try and un lodge it .. Finally after an hour or so and many home made tools I got it unstuck ..:facepalm:
Lesson learned !! :lol: