So, what did you do today?

82rude

Rear Admiral
If I was into that sort of stuff,i would own a front end loader with a blower attachment.Theres plenty of work for loaders The city has a few big ones that can fill a dump truck in about a minute or so.Years ago I darn near bought a big david brown tractor with a 10 foot dual auger blower .If my driveway was big and long id seriously concider a blower attachment for my Polaris ace atv as back issues are getting worster,er lol.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I had a New Holland tractor, one of those Boomers , 40hp diesel with a heated cab that i attached a 6' blower . The auger blades were at least 1/4" thick. 2 stage. It sure could take care of any depth snow. However, it was too slow unloading and loading while trying to blow a bunch of drives.

I can't imagine how much it costs homeowners in the UP for snow removal for a season

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Can remember back in the '60s I had to take a emergency leave while I was in Bermuda. Got a hop to Fhorbes AFB in Topeka Kansas. Left 80 dg weather; landed in 10 dg weather with 3' of Snow. Got on a Greyhound Bus to head South. The Snow Plows had just ran the Turnpike. I was in the front seat running down that TP; with a wall of Snow on the left; 80+ MPH. Scare to Death! It wasn't funny.

Now I know why birds fly South for theWinter!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went across to Soo Michigan to do some shopping today.I knew there was a valid reason why I like you Americans.Anybody that comes up with and sells whole smoked butterball turkeys is A OK in my book!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Here the major stores offer a free 12=14lb turkey when you buy a Ham. You pay dearly for the Ham!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Here the major stores offer a free 12=14lb turkey when you buy a Ham. You pay dearly for the Ham!
meijers has turkeys for 33 cents a pound or 37 maybe and I missed it.Personally I can skip the dinner nonsence and go straight to turkey sandwiches both hot and cold.Will also use leftover bird for pasta sauce.Hmmmm

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Our daughter always does Turkey Day dinner. We do the Ham and Pies. The Bird is OK; but it's hard to pass up a Hot Grilled Ham and melted cheddar cheese sandwich; chips;etc

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Broke the end of my backhoe dipstick. I guess it just got tired of digging in the basalt.

Tomorrow I'll need to bring it home and weld it back together. I'm sure that won't be too easy.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Got my iztor replacement carb Friday for my 8hp toro .All seems good now.Nicely made, or so it seems.Too mild right now to try it under working conditions.Think I will read up on how to properly set up the throttle and the drive speeds as its sitting pretty in the garage for now.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Need to do some cleanup in the back yard' (limbs;etc.Grass could stand cutting). Of course this depends on the wind; it has been out of the N 15+. Need to paint a door for a truck; but will probably .be too cold. Might even look for a Bambi!
It's 5:30 now; she is still asleep. All of my plans are on hold until she gets up.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I love the smell of chainsaws in the morning...means I wont be able to walk by 3pm lol

82rude

Rear Admiral
For all the wood I use and a really messed up back I use selective cutting.Iselect a seller and have him deliver,lol.Kindiling is pretty easy as most businesses leave their softwood pallets and frames where its eagerly snapped up by us woodies.Win win for everybody.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well been getting set up and ready to put the plow back on the truck, have not quite got there yet, but I am close.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
selective cutting..Kindiling

I like those words! These Oaks drop some decent size limbs at times; and I cut them them down to a size we can handle. The big stuff I give to my neighbor. We split it.