So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Although, after looking at pic it appears I missed the end of the crack or it got longer when I centerpunched it for the stop hole. I guess I'll need to do the penetrant and developer again to check...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Here's another Chevy frame. Same deal.
find crack, prep, weld. Rinse, repeat...I am so sick of Chevy 3/4 frames.

Attachments

• photo284138.jpg
    photo284138.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo284139.jpg
    photo284139.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo284140.jpg
    photo284140.jpg
    685.7 KB · Views: 0

82rude

Rear Admiral
Went and bought a few gallons of premium paint and brushes and will be brightening up the interior of the gloomy house.So for the next few weeks you know what I will be doing,lol.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Good luck, when I painted the living room I somehow got paint on the dishwasher. Right hand, True story!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Allready tripped and fell into the bannister and painted my hand,arm and shirt .First 15 minutes of painting.Did I mention I hate painting?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today, for the first time 40 some years of riding sleds, I got stopped by the woods cops. My stickers were not current. I had the new ones in my pocket just too cold and snowy to put them on...

@82rude

how's the paint going?

southkogs

Staff member
Today, for the first time 40 some years of riding sleds, I got stopped by the woods cops.
LOL ... I want someone from here in Middle Tennessee to read that sentence and explain what's happening :D

That's one winter thing I miss quite a bit - snowmobiles.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I have driven in the rain for two days. Perry, Ga. Tonight. Keys tomorrow. So sick of snow.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Guess I'll call this a working vacation. Hanging a motor in Big Pine Key.

Attachments

• photo285765.jpg
    photo285765.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 0

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Went bank fishing near Tum Tum. Caught my limit of trout. Filleted them in preparation for smoking them tomorrow.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got back to Mi. from the Keys only to find 6-8" wet heavy snow...this sucks.

Saw a great boat name while down there..."Never Again II"

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well went out today and realized its officially pothole season.There was literally herds of them as far as the eye could see.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today I looked through the J/E section...mind blown!

one poor guy has two of the best on here dearly trying to help him and he won't preform the simple tests needed to make an educated guess...

another guy has some problem and so.e well meaning but misinformed guy has him so far down the wrong path that there is no use in chiming in...

and to top it all off, the fine Mr. Reeves says he is done posting...

Its obviously been a long hard winter on that forum...makes me scared to start posting in there again...

guess I'll stick to making fireplace and-irons for the time being...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Didn't see the posts you referring to but remember that one a few years ago where some guy showed a vid of him running his 25hp erude sans water and when it was pointed out that was bad we were called idiots cus I did doooing dat all de time.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Today,...

I worked out a deal with a buddy for his fathers old Bridgeport mill, Clausing lathe, and a lifetimes worth of tooling. It will Have a good home now. With luck, I can quit wrenching on outboards eventually and be more of a marine oriented job shop. Super excited to say the least.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
With so many of the new motors needing factory support for service an independent has to keep his options open to stay afloat.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Finished tapping 32 half inch holes through 5/8" steel plate by hand. Now my hands are sore. The plates will be used to mount heavy duty castors under my rotisserie.

Broke a tap off at the square on the shank. I sure was glad that it didn't break apart in the hole.

This is another project. Making an overhead car rotisserie. My plan is to park the running gear under the body when not working on it and eventually parking one of the cars under it when done.