So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Question: Is oarnge juice considered healthy when its mixed with Champagne?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yes.Just as oj and vodka are because vodka is made form taters.Hence you have fruit and veggies all in one drink.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Found cracked windows in all 3 trucks...Guessing that -13 to 31 had something to do with it...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Not vandalism...I live too far away from any punks...I am pretty sure its just from all the rough going when it was so cold then to have it warm up so quick. Guessing the cabs all got tweaked a little and the moved back during the warm up. I suppose beating the wipers on the glass probably does not help either. All the cracks seem to have started at little chips in the glass. Just odd that all the chips expanded into cracks overnight...

My insurance compnay is not too pleased! I am guessing that with all the money I pay them they will come around...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not vandalism...I live too far away from any punks...I am pretty sure its just from all the rough going when it was so cold then to have it warm up so quick. Guessing the cabs all got tweaked a little and the moved back during the warm up. I suppose beating the wipers on the glass probably does not help either. All the cracks seem to have started at little chips in the glass. Just odd that all the chips expanded into cracks overnight...

My insurance compnay is not too pleased! I am guessing that with all the money I pay them they will come around...

Ahhh, there's the culprit. Chips in the windshield. Very common for a crack to appear after it gets cold..... No chips, no cracks.... In this case....

82rude

Rear Admiral
What sucks even more is having a brand new windshield installed and first time on the highway having a transport deposit a rock into the new windshield.Needless to say my buddy was bummed .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Spent all day yesterday dealing with what I am calling "Slushmageddon". Up too and including a stoop roof that got knocked part way off the house when the metal roof decided to clear. This is on the neighbors house, great folks but a disabled vet in a chair; so, i will have to find someone to tackle it. Not real simple as there are asbestos shingles, stick on bricks, always hot electric, and a host of othe problems all cobbled together.

Today looks like more of the same.

On another note, since the update it seems I have to re-login randomly. Some days I open up the boats and I am logged in, other days I have to go find the password. Is this the same for everyone?

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander

On another note, since the update it seems I have to re-login randomly. Some days I open up the boats and I am logged in, other days I have to go find the password. Is this the same for everyone?

Yes, I now have to type in my password every time. I suspect it may be because something changed in the address where my browser has the password saved. So that problem would be on my end, I just haven't spent any time addressing it - but now I remember my password. Another thing on the list...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Light to do day.Went out for my semi annual windshield wiper purchasing.Ive tried them all ,from el chepo to expensive.Everyone bar none is crap!Never again will I buy pricey blades that last 1/2 a day longer than the chepo,s.Also been having serious longings for a 1959 ford stationwagon.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, decided to get the sleds going again. They have been sitting since '09. Got the Ski-Don't running for my buddies kid to use, now onto my Polaris 700 XC...

this is a fuel sample. This would be '09 premium...

Attachments

• photo283882.jpg
    photo283882.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Needless to say that I am super impressed. No phase separation. I did not stabilize the fuel prior storing them, in fact, they have just been sitting in the field for 9 years.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
was cleaning the woodshop last week, had some maple and oak that was to good to throw away, so I made my first end grain cutting board. Finished it yesterday.

Attachments

• photo283883.jpg
    photo283883.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo283884.jpg
    photo283884.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 0

bigdee

Commander
Built a fireplace mantle

Attachments

• photo283897.jpg
    photo283897.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Got the XC going. Now just needs a good wheel and wax...its gonna be a blast to be riding again...maybe head to the U.P. next week.

Attachments

• photo283899.jpg
    photo283899.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 0

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, been prepping the cracks in one of the plow trucks' frames. Will weld out in tge morning.

Attachments

• photo284088.jpg
    photo284088.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 0