So, what did you do today?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Gonna go sit on beautiful Glen Lake in the boat and start a new tan hopefully. This assumes the weather man is wrong, he has been wrong all year so far...

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Helped a buddy adjust his transmission linkage, pressure washed some yard benches, Helped the admiral plant some flowers, went shopping for more tools, and bought the admiral a garden cart, did some cleaning in the basement woodshop, Now time for a beer.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Helped a buddy adjust his transmission linkage, pressure washed some yard benches, Helped the admiral plant some flowers, went shopping for more tools, and bought the admiral a garden cart, did some cleaning in the basement woodshop, Now time for a beer.

Y'all are so much more motivated than I.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Actuaĺly, I finished up welding a skeg in an out drive. Faired it. Primered it. 1st coat of paint. Replaced was ring on a toilet. Then I sat in the boat. Weather man was wrong for 3 hrs...nothing but fair sky's and 73 degree sunshine...am now cooking some steaks on the grill.

On a side note, one of my Weber grills is a gas grill. It's lived outside for 9 years. I use it 4 times a week as long as it's over 15* outside ((F) just to be clear for you canucks). I needed part numbers for flavoruzer bars and such. Weber sent me new burners and flavoruzer bars for free. Flavor-izer bars. I hate auto correct but have poured a drink or two so I am not gonna go back and fix iy...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Received my springfield trac-lock boat seat mount and installed today.Of more amazing import is i just looked in the mail box and to my huge surprise is 2 Oregon super chains for my chainsaw which i ordered last week may 29!The big deal is they came from Tipperary,Ireland!!Free shipping and cheaper than i could find in N.America and i was quoted a delivery date of june19 to july 8!!

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
Received my springfield trac-lock boat seat mount and installed today.Of more amazing import is i just looked in the mail box and to my huge surprise is 2 Oregon super chains for my chainsaw which i ordered last week may 29!The big deal is they came from Tipperary,Ireland!!Free shipping and cheaper than i could find in N.America and i was quoted a delivery date of june19 to july 8!!

Wow you had better luck ordering from overseas than I have... I promised myself never again😢

82rude

Rear Admiral
Last time i ordered a cd not even paying attention to the sellers location.Germany!I thought id see the cd in months or several weeks.7days.Ive had extra slow from china and ebay global is brutal also.Used the chain today to cut wood against the grain and worked great.Just like butter.Also cleaned and scrubbed my 1997 lawnboy commerical gold series 5hp 2 stroke .What a powerhouse that baby is!

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"Mow, mow, mow the lawns and breathe in all the dust. Merrily, merrily..............".

82rude

Rear Admiral
I'm sick of mowing already.And to top off my day my rear tire blew on the f150! Just to add insult to that the blasted key to winddown the spare broke inside so i told the shop if the tire cant be fixed or they had to order one to get the spare by anymeans necessary!No matter what that spare is coming off and going in the back where it belongs.Im going to hide now for the rest of the day as now ive tweaked my hip so this day is out to get me!!!!

Last edited:

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Well, I hooked up the ice maker to the new fridge, The line blew off, so the kitchen floor got scrubbed by me. Fixed that, mowed grass, trimmed and leaf blowed the works. Fixed the storm door, dam wind..... Bought a new kitchen table and chairs and assembled/installed them, Now having a cold one....ready to watch the recorded nascar race.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I got the boat off the hoist in a gale (30-50MPH here), found a calm sunny spot, sat on boat with drink, landed boat drunk in a stronger gale, and called it a day...chicken on the grill rice in the pot...Have a great tomorrow folks!

Tnstratofam

Commander
Yesterday I ran 35 feet of black iron gas line in my garage to our new tankless gas water heater. I purchased a used pipe threader and vice a few months back with 1/2 inch to 1 and 1/4 inch dies. This was as good an excuse as any to try it out. Found out my 1 inch pipe die as a bad cutter head, but was able to still get the job done. Better to find out something doesn't work at my shop versus at a customer's house.

Today hopefully I will be heading to Wattauga Lake to do some fishing, or at least ( as is more often the case ) drowning some worms while I float around the coves.:joyous:

The Admiral is in Nashville for the CMA festival this weekend so this is one of those rare weekends each year I will be on the water alone.

Sometimes I do my best thinking on the water by myself.:fish2:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well i went over to my next door neighbors back yard today whose house has been empty since spring for some odd reason and cut the lawn which was 2 to 3 feet tall and heavy and a little damp.Put the 97 lawnboy 2 stroke 5 hp commercial self propelled on max power and went through that mess like it was a 1/2 in high.Its set up for mulching also and did a fine job of making short work of that mess.
2Q==

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
i am still working on my boat, had it out to the slip for 2 weeks only to find i had mis adjusted the shift linkage at the LU when i changed out the water pump, so thats been dropped and fixed and i have several maintenance items and i am going adding some LED deck lighting, i should be done in a few days, got 5 days of cloud cover and rain coming and i am planing on dropping it back in when that passes

82rude

Rear Admiral
Going fishing tomorrow,even though my collarbone hurts like hell for some odd reason.Can feel it pop when i move a certain way so maybe a visit to the doc may be in the future.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Going fishing tomorrow,even though my collarbone hurts like hell for some odd reason.Can feel it pop when i move a certain way so maybe a visit to the doc may be in the future.

Maybe quit mowing the neighbors? Pushing a mower thru 2 ft of grass can't be easy on the old pushers.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I am down to working on the lesser boats. All the nice and easy ones are in, now it's stuff from the 80's with their myriads of issues (sp?).