Due to a time limit on the editing system, If any forum member would like some help with changing your topic title or post, please let an iboats moder

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Due to a time limit on the editing system, If any forum member would like some help with changing your topic title or post, please let an iboats moderator know either in here, flagging the post or by private message with what you'd like it to say so we're able to copy and paste it easily. Thank you, iboats moderator team.

Cant seam to figure out how to edit the title of my own thread.. Old software had a button to 'go advanced' and allow you to edit the first post in your thread and change the title, but it doesnt seam to work for me now with the new software.. is it a mod/admin only thing now? Overall the site does seam to be working better/faster the last few days, and I can imagine this falls low on the list of things to sort out, just thought I'd mention it.. Of course, the problem may simply be ME.. :lol: and may just need some help/instruction here...

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Cant seam to figure out how to edit the title of my own thread.. Old software had a button to 'go advanced' and allow you to edit the first post in your thread and change the title, but it doesnt seam to work for me now with the new software.. is it a mod/admin only thing now? Overall the site does seam to be working better/faster the last few days, and I can imagine this falls low on the list of things to sort out, just thought I'd mention it.. Of course, the problem may simply be ME.. :lol: and may just need some help/instruction here...

Once you click Edit the title should be in an edit box, change it and save. They made it easier for us to change titles. Something is easier. :smile:
Edit: Big - I missed saying to edit post #1 for changing the title.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdirty

Nope, it wont let me delete/change any text in the title box... :noidea:

Fun Times

Staff member
Nope, it wont let me delete/change any text in the title box... :noidea:
As a test, Are you able to change the title of this topic by clicking on edit and inputting what you want it to say in the title line?

If you'd like help, post a link to your topic in here and what you'd like the title to say now and we'd be happy to take care of it for you.

toneeees

Administrator
I reviewed the usergroup settings and you should be allowed to edit the title of your post.

bigdirty

So I can change THIS thread's title, but still not able to change my other thread.. I click edit, but get the title showing up in faded text, (circled in the pic) and can not make any changes to it... (the rest of the post yes, i can delete/add text and pics if I want)

This is my thread i was wanting to change the title of...

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...0-oh-crap-its-even-dirtier-resto-refit-thread

Wanted something like;

93 Crownline 250; she 'was' dirty, but now shes clean and SPLASHED!!

The site IS working quite well fort he most part again, btw, many thanks. :)

Fun Times

Staff member
I reviewed the usergroup settings and you should be allowed to edit the title of your post.
Hey there Toneeees, I just wanted to let you know that I also just helped someone else change their title due to they weren't able to change theirs either in the Mercruiser forum.;)

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
Sounds like it might a forum permissions issue, I will check forum permissions.

toneeees

Administrator
It looks like the poster has 6 hours to edit the title after posting.

Fun Times

Staff member
Last edited:

Luke000

Restoration Forum Splash of the Year 2016
Hi Luke, I did a copy and paste of your above title change, is that how you wanted it to look? Edit: Wow! Your boat turned out very nice. Congrats on a job well done.:)
That is perfect! Thanks for the help.

toneeees

Administrator
Strange, I was able to edit a title several days later.

Was that on the previous version?
Strange, I was able to edit a title several days later.

I just double checked it and it looks like the setting is actually set to 15 days (21600 minutes). I mis-read and did not see where it said minutes, I assumed the setting was seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fun Times

Staff member
I am glad I found this thread. I was reading how to change the title of a thread and I was confused why I couldnt change mine.

I wanted to rename mine to "1976 AeroCraft Fishmaster - Complete Restore". Should I PM someone to assist? The link should be in my sig, but if not:

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...ir/8145999-1976-browning-aerocraft-fishmaster
It's always best to post the link as it helps take the guess work out of what one you'd like changed.;) Your changes have been made. Hope you like it, if not let us know.:)

IUPapabear

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can I get some help from a moderator in adding to the title of my topic.
Wanted to add : 1979 17' Terry Boats Resto-Mod
Hopefully this may aid in someone looking for Terry Boats information.
Thank You- Troy

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus