Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Rather than generate a lot of random posts that the MODS and ADMINS have to sort through, I thought I might be proactive and start a thread so that they can find these items easily and get to them as they have time. Must be an interesting and challenging workplace at present. :D

Feel free to add to the list.....but no commentary please. :)

It is likely that many of them are simply functionality that has not been activated yet, but it may be that it is it not a feature of the latest version. It may also simply be a learning curve issue.

My first item is the setting that allowed me to view posts within a thread in reverse order...i.e. latest first. That would not be everyone's choice, but it works for me.....
I can't find it. Should I keep looking or is it currently unavailable?

Thanks.

SOLVED...found the switch!

Last edited:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
1. The "TOP" button at the bottom of the page that you click on that sends you back to the top of the page.

2. The icon that denotes that I've posted to a thread.

That's all I got.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
My first item is the setting that allowed me to view threads in reverse order...i.e. latest first. That would not be everyone's choice, but it works for me.....

Thanks.

Your problem can be fixed by clicking on the FILTER button in the top right corner of the page and click ACENDING.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Unless I'm missing something, it was nice to have the pages up in a given thread so you could go straight to the last page.

Also, the "Latest Activity" selection doesn't seem to populate like the old "What's New" button did. When I click that it would show me what's been posted since my last visit, which was kinda' cool. Latest activity lets you filter, but it doesn't seem to track by user.

Last edited:

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Your problem can be fixed by clicking on the FILTER button in the top right corner of the page and click ACENDING.

Thanks, but that changes the order of ALL the forum threads....I just want the posts in a specific thread to show in order ....newest first.

wrench 3

Commander
I can't find the feature that let me view all the subscribed threads that had activity since my last visit. Also the button that sent you to the last page of a thread.

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
+1 on the annoyance of not being able to go to the last page (most recent) from the main page... but i figured it out, there is a TINY little blue dot to the left of the thread name, that takes you there... maybe a tutorial of how the new site works and where things are would be a good idea? I'm not too tech savvy, but I can usually muddle through although others may have great difficulty now...

Also; getting a LOT of errors when trying to post; "invalid server response" and another that tells me I'm not authorized to post... ?

I am curious as to why the format was changed to this new bb code/program.. the old worked just find for me personally..

I will say however, after doing some quick math... there's a LOT of info and users on these boards, ....and far as I can see there was NO data lost or erased in the change over... all the posts and threads seam to be in tact and my sig line even reappeared on its own.. :lol: my brother is a IT guy at a big hospital/corrections facility, and they just moved to a newly built facility.. HUGE amounts of $$$ and time to transfer data to new systems and get it all working... makes a few glitches here seam pretty minor imo...

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
All of the above...PLUS...

1- I prefer the separation between the new post and the signature, plus would like to keep the old option of deleting my sig per individual post...

2- Other than those few differences, I have found everything to work pretty much as before, give or take a step or two difference...and I am by far a computer guru...more like a computer village idiot...:smash:

3- I think I like the new way to display the smilies...where you can see a large portion of them at once and on the same page...

4- Also, liked the old version of the post box where you could hover over the lower right corner and expand the response box...oops! I take that back, I just noticed the box now expands automatically the more you write...I Think I like this way better...:redface:

BTW, when I click on "Filter", I do not see a choice listed between "Ascending"/"Descending"...
Is it the TIME heading?:noidea:

Oh and THANKS! to Iboats.com Forum Team for making this place my favorite boating forum for all time!:first:
GT1M:becky:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Just thought of something else...
The Sleeping Post Indicator...What will become of it?...
A.K.A. The RED BANNER...
Will it still exist?
At the Top ?...or...the Bottom of the page?

Will it be RED?
:confused:;):)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

eavega

Lieutenant
Don't know if this is a "minor" issue, or something that needs to be addressed more immediately, but I noticed that with whatever the underlying technology is with the new format, it does not render reliably on mobile devices. I tried to access the forum with my tablet last night, and about 80% of the pages returned an error message that reads "There is a serious error and the page cannot be rendered". For troubleshooting purposes, I was trying to access on a Google Nexus 7 (Gen 2) Tablet running Android 4.4.2.

Rgds

JustJason

Vice Admiral
The website is impossibly hard to read.
On the main forums page, the lettering is a sky colored baby blue. There just isn't any contrast.
This is what it is;
http://i.imgur.com/WPeVgAh.png

This is what it should be
http://i.imgur.com/UEmkPQ0.png

Same thing here on this page, where I am typing now in the text box. Everything is to small, and there isn't enough contrast.

If you look at those 2 pictures side by side. I didn't do anything to the lettering, but it does "look" sharper in the seconds one because of the pronounced section breaks that the thicker black lines creates.

Is the website hard on anybody elses eyes? It can not just be me.

southkogs

Staff member
Another convenience I'm missing or isn't there - It used to read "[OP]" but the name of the original poster in a thread. It doesn't seem to indicate who the OP is anywhere now.

On a positive note ... I'm kinda' getting into the new "Type something here..." box & controls. :thumb:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Couple of things I'm really missing in the new version: the "OP" indicator in a thread, and some icon that shows threads I've subscribed to or have contributed to. Those were really nice features.

A couple of bug-type things: in the view of the main forum page, it appears that the "Last Post" listing is not getting updated correctly. Also, I'm not seeing any differences in the titles of threads (or individual posts) I've read vs. threads/posts I haven't read. All the titles are the same color; in the old version, you could tell which threads had been updated since your last visit by the color of the title.

Thanks to everyone working on the upgrade. Must be an enormous task...

toneeees

Administrator
Rather than generate a lot of random posts that the MODS and ADMINS have to sort through, I thought I might be proactive and start a thread so that they can find these items easily and get to them as they have time. Must be an interesting and challenging workplace at present. :D

Feel free to add to the list.....but no commentary please. :)

It is likely that many of them are simply functionality that has not been activated yet, but it may be that it is it not a feature of the latest version. It may also simply be a learning curve issue.

My first item is the setting that allowed me to view posts within a thread in reverse order...i.e. latest first. That would not be everyone's choice, but it works for me.....

Thanks.

Thanks Tim,

I've gone through the multiple threads and created a list of things to work on. Everything will come together and work better than it did before. We appreciate the support and patience. Continue to post bugs and things you notice not working right. We are focusing more on the internal things at the moment but will get to the "cosmetic" stuff eventually.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
want to pin this thread? Didn't see it first and I've already created a few threads.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
although don't know if this can be fixed it says new TOPICs which to me is new threads. It actually returns all new posts it would appear. Another forum I'm on has the separated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Mods, I appreciate the hard work.

here are a few things i noted for the list.

is there a way to set the filter for the subscription posts in order as a default per user, ie: newest responses first?

when looking at forums and latest activity, if you view a post, then hit the back button, it does not keep the "latest activity page"

clicking on forums, then my subscriptions brings up a different list than my book mark http://forums.iboats.com/member/298283-scott-danforth/subscriptions

Also, I am getting errors when trying to post; "invalid server response" and another that tells me I'm not authorized to post... sometimes I can re-hit post reply, other times I need to copy the text, hit the back button and start over.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yes thank you been thru this a few times on other forums and know how much fun you are having.

Just starting to peruse the forums not that the New Topic button is there.

On new posts, could the forum be displayed? Just clicked on 'Something interesting' and it's in the engine-repair-and-maintenance/mercruiser-i-o-inboard-engines-outdrives/ and not interested in reading that today.

wrench 3

Commander
Couldn't figger out why I was "loosing" threads until I discoverred that it doesn't automaticly subscribe you when you post on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.