Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer
interesting, I have keep getting error on Chrome telling me my post didn't save

I'm getting something similar. The error says a mod has been notified. I've learned to ignore it, because if you hit the post button several times, it will eventually post several times.

NYBo

Admiral
Flagging of posts doesn't work and as a result, some inappropriate stuff isn't getting removed.

southkogs

Staff member
Another log on the fire - hosted pictures seem to be doing fine, but uploading photos from a local drive into the forum doesn't seem to be working. I can see them when I view the thread, but no one else can - as if it's some sort of link.

Hang in there guys - the "after party" on this gig is probably gonna' be a week long ;)

Fun Times

Staff member
Flagging of posts doesn't work and as a result, some inappropriate stuff isn't getting removed.
Hi there NYBo, I'd just like to mention that If you or any of the other members continue to run across inappropriate stuff, please continue to flag posts. As you know we aren't able to view every single post every single day so we really do rely on other loyal forum members to help us keep an eye on things. One of the problems during the upgrade was that the Moderators had lost access to most of the vital tools to help keep the forums organized. So yes it was like a free for all for the last few weeks.:eek: The good news is things are just starting to turn around some and as of today the administrative staff was able to reinitiate the moderation tools needed to help keep things organized again.:)

The hosts of iboats would like to thank you all for the help you provide on a daily basis, it really is appreciated :)

aspeck

Staff member
Have noticed probably a caching issue, but after I make a post, it shows up in the thread, but it doesn't show that I made the post in the main forum menu or even in the "New Topics" area. At least not for a while.

Pony

Rear Admiral
Have noticed probably a caching issue, but after I make a post, it shows up in the thread, but it doesn't show that I made the post in the main forum menu or even in the "New Topics" area. At least not for a while.

I have noticed this as well. Several posts show my post as being the latest one.....ands a handful of members have posted after that. None of that has updated for me since the other day....whether it be from the main page showing all the forums or from an individual forum showing all the posts.

bassman284

Commander
OK then, so I'm not the only one. When I opened the Forums this morning It looked like the latest post in ANY forum was around 7:30pm last night. When I started looking in threads I found much later posts. Interesting.

NYBo

Admiral
Hi there NYBo, I'd just like to mention that If you or any of the other members continue to run across inappropriate stuff, please continue to flag posts.
We'd love to but the function doesn't work, at least not for me. Here is the error message: An unexpected error was returned: '7532148'

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Just some info - If you happen to get a clean, error free reply post (been a while) - Everything is cool. The new reply post shows in all the indices, your post count is increased and the page is automatically reloaded with your reply.

If you get the error pop-up, none of that happens. Reloading the page shows the reply, but no indices are updated and you post count is unchanged.

Fun Times

Staff member
Thanks for letting us know that you're seeing this issue as well. It's interesting to me because I've done some post flagging with the new system and it was working fine for me. I'll let them know to check into this as well. Just another one to add to the list.:(

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Not sure if this is new or not, however when I get notifications, I get an outline of some sort of picture on the left, and a delete button on the right, nothing in between to indicate which post initiated the notice. be glad to send screen shots - just PM me an email address

on another note, in the prior version, I could change the number of posts per page. cant seem to find that right now.

noted another thing this afternoon. sporadic subscibed post notification. half of my subscribed posts show up with new posts in the "latest activity" however I am not getting notification

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Things are really getting back to normal. Post flagging still returning an error message, though. And about those buttons to navigate from thread to thread...

cliffblue

Petty Officer 1st Class
I hope this isn't too petty, when I use my iPhone to view a post and return to the forum, it returns to the top of the forum instead of the post I had selected to view.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
not a big issue, however post count still not increasing.
getting a "data base error......" on posts with texts

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I'm sure someone must have mentioned this, but many of the threads created before the changeover have lost their pictures. Those threads represent such a treasure trove of information for visitors, I hope the pics (or links to pics) can be restored.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure someone must have mentioned this, but many of the threads created before the changeover have lost their pictures. Those threads represent such a treasure trove of information for visitors, I hope the pics (or links to pics) can be restored.

We all miss the pictures in the posts that used the photo upload feature in the prior version and the resulting members albums. The database backup has all the albums and toneeees said in another topic that album recovery is being worked on. Here's hoping for a speedy and successful recovery! Almost sounds like we should send a get well card. :smile:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
We all miss the pictures in the posts that used the photo upload feature in the prior version and the resulting members albums. The database backup has all the albums and toneeees said in another topic that album recovery is being worked on. Here's hoping for a speedy and successful recovery! Almost sounds like we should send a get well card. :smile:
Thanks! I didn't see Tonees' post.

Status
Not open for further replies.