Upgrade issues list .....low priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

alldodge

Staff member
This is a nit but I'll just put it out there. When selecting the Image box, the window for uploading or linking an image is always part way off the screen. So you have to scroll up to see the window, then scroll back down to finish entering text or what ever.

pres26.png

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah on my screen I can see the bottom of the box, just enough to paste into.

for me - top of the list is the spell check problem.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
add on to the issue listings in 'Todays Posts' not updating

it listed The proper time and avatar of the current (last) poster but had my name on it.

nwcove

Admiral
will the " indicator" for posts that a member has replied to ever be back? ( i know its been asked about numerous times, but thought id ask again)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Plenty of us are looking for the little light, nw. It is still playing hard to find. :blue:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok it's not me - had a couple quote when quoting myself this morning as well as this form a C/P in the SC thread. It had been happening at the beginning, and just started again. jb tells us the links, that show as good links, are dead - aqnd they had the same duplicity issue when I posted however since the blue hyperlink showed when I posted I did not check.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
oh and the top one on that was a link, the bottom one was text from the CL ad.

GA_Boater

What's placed in the link box will show as a blue hyperlink, whether it's valid or not. http://abcdefghijk or http://Eat at Joe's Diner :smile:

Are you using a right click C&P or CTRL C/V for cutting and pasting. Joe?

If you will, try opening Wordpad or other editor and trying the same cut & paste method that's giving you the multi's. Trying to eliminate stuff.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm a CTL C & V guy from work and if it pops again I'll try the notepad and Word

also I hit quote earlier and no quote appeared in the box. I killed page (chrome) and went back all was good but here is what was showing aka nothing. You can see quote in orange but nothing in the box.

GA_Boater

Sometimes there is a short delay after clicking "Quote" and the quoted text popping up in the message box. A lot of variables affect the response time and it can seem to be long at times. Just like how long "working" stays up.

toneeees

Administrator
also I hit quote earlier and no quote appeared in the box. I killed page (chrome) and went back all was good but here is what was showing aka nothing. You can see quote in orange but nothing in the box.

Can you message me with your browser info and we can talk further about this issue. I have lag issues with the quote feature from time to time, but haven't had it happen where the quote multiplies or does not show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fed

Commander
I noticed this morning the forums don't seem to be updating properly.
By that I mean there are older posts higher on the list than newer posts, Evinrude forum has yesterdays posts higher than todays and the main forum is showing a yesterday post when there are clearly posts made today.

GA_Boater

That one has been giving IT fits because it seems to come and go, Fed. It is being worked on. Hopefully fixed soon.

toneeees

Administrator
I noticed this morning the forums don't seem to be updating properly.
By that I mean there are older posts higher on the list than newer posts, Evinrude forum has yesterdays posts higher than todays and the main forum is showing a yesterday post when there are clearly posts made today.

Yeah this has been an ongoing issue that we are struggling to find a solution for. We are continuing to work on it, hopefully find a fix soon.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Any tinkering being done today?

From my cell the working lag is much more frequent and lags a bit longer, but it also occurred on my work desktop...

GA_Boater

I've been seen some long response times, especially the last 3-4 hours.

Seems a bit better now,

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I wish I didn't have to log out and back in every time I type a reply to somebody's question. It almost never fails that when I type a reply, I'm told I don't have authorization to make such a post and I have to copy my typed replay and then go to the top, sign off, and then sign back in and paste my reply and quickly post it. If it is something I have set up wrong, please let me know what needs changed. It didn't use to do that. Of course it could be iboats subtle way to tell me I comment too much. That I could believe and easily fix...

jbcurt00

Staff member
I've had most of the smaller problems reported since the upgrade, never had the that one GM, and if i'm not getting the 'dont post so much' subtle message, i doubt you are :) i too have earned it if they considered doing it..

GA_Boater

You aren't checking "Remember me" and are timing out so you get the not authorized message. You have to check/click it when logging on every time. Try refreshing the page after closing the error message and see if your username reverts back to the log-on.sign up box.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
GA_Boater, I understand what you are saying and didn't know it has to be clicked on EVERY TIME. I figured since it knows me enough to provide my user name once I enter my first letter, AND my password, that it knew me very well... I'll try again clicking that "remember me" box and see if that solves the problem. But why even have such an option in the first place? I don't understand... One other question, is this software written in VB and is it one person doing the updates and such? Okay that actually was two questions... :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.