Can't reset password

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I can't recall my password and I can't reset it. Every time I want to log in, I have to request a password reset. The reset link says I will be taken to a page to reset my password but when I click it, I just get sent to the homepage. When I try to reset my password, it requires my old password which I obviously don't have. Someone please help.

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry - I'm not understanding: how are you posting if you don't have your password?

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am able to log in via the lost password link. Once logged in, I am unable to change my password. Each time I want to log in, I have to request a new password reset link, wait for it to arrive in my email and then click on it. Annoying!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What are you putting for the current password? I think it should be the one you get in the email.

Gonefishing85

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I honestly have no idea. On about attempt 15, I suddenly had the option to enter username and password. I did so using the password I wanted and it seems to have reset it to what I entered.

JerseyBoater

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm having the same issue currently, will keep resetting until that link works. It currently logs me in but takes me to the home page.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
log in on a computer vs your phone. the site is still Java enabled and your phone isnt

Smokin_Joe

Recruit
I am having the same Catch 22 the op had...sent messages to get help.
Password reset sends and email link that brings you back and allows you to login without password ...then you can't change your password in your profile without the old password and you never receive a new one in the emails...

southkogs

Staff member
Did you ever save your password where you can retrieve it (computer keychain, Google?)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Tmakaro

Seaman
I am having the same issue. I can't change my password without having the old password. The one time password link doesn't show a password to use

southkogs

Staff member
colonel_sanders scott.cooper sgcooper

I think I see what's happening: If you click the "FORGOT PASSWORD" link at login, the system sends you an email that allows you to access for the forum. BUT, it doesn't send you to a place where you can enter a new password. If you navigate to your profile page, which you can do, it won't allow you to change your password without inputting your old password ... which you obviously have forgotten :)

I managed to recreate the issue in Firefox.