Deleted Published Photos.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Have been experiencing several photos that aren't shown illustrating several of my latest posts. Posts without pics doesn't say much, are much better and precise than 1 K written words..Someone else experiencing the same ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
Sorry Sea Rider, I'm not quite following.

Are you missing images in topics that have been there a while? Were they linked images or uploaded?

Or are you having trouble getting images to post in your topics?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thanks,

Soon after finished writting the text have downloaded pics from my PC which were shown once the post was pre viewed before final posting, but next day or days latter just disappeared from the text. This erratic system behaviour has been going on for some time on some of my illustrated posts.

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/eng...oards/10893214-tohatsu-9-9-d2-ignition-timing

Post 4 which used to have a medium size pic, only shows one tiny square that does nothing when clicked on ..

Happy Boating

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It happens all the time. A post is made with pics and it looks good, then sometime later only the place holder for the pic shows, the box with a broken link symbol. The reason is how the pic was attached to the post.

Look at the Photo Tutorial in the Forum Rules and Guidelines section, each of the options work depending on where the pics are stored. I use Option 2 for the thousands of pics I've posted and it works flawlessly because I keep the pics on my PC. Option 2 also allows perfect placement with no fiddling.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
All the posted pics comes directly from my dedicated Desk Top photo lab. Why is it that some and not all are errased if all comes from the same source ? Is there a place on line that accepts PDF files to be uploaded and with an available link anyone can download them ?

Happy Boating

southkogs

Staff member
No. PDF transfer isn't something the software supports.

Photos being on your desktop shouldn't matter. Using option 1 or option 3, you need to have the image "hosted" elsewhere online. Photobucket used to be what most people used, but they started charging for hosting so folks started going to other sources (Google being one of the options).

Using option 2 like GA pointed out actually uploads the image to the forum software. That's why there is a size limit because it requires storage on iBoats' end. For that reason, it should stay in your topic theoretically forever.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
This post is with option 1, seems that will only be allowed to post pics at the bottom of what's been written....

Attachments

• photo334753.jpg
    photo334753.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo334754.jpg
    photo334754.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
This post is with option 2, allows to post pics between written paragraphs which it's a plus for my illustrations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ignition Spark Tester.jpg Views:	2 Size:	8.0 KB ID:	10897339
And so on bla, bla, bla LOL!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	PRV-1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	16.0 KB ID:	10897340
The second option is what been using since day one and that's the one which has been errasing some of the attached pics..Both options were with pics downloaded direct form my PC...

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
How many pics not that heavy nor big can be uploaded with Option 1 ?

Happy Boating

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Some of the options have a 6 picture limit. I don't know the limits for each option.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Some of the options have a 6 picture limit. I don't know the limits for each option.

Thanks, will check how many pics can be uploaded in Option 1, Option 2 has been errasing some of them lately, so will not be using this option for the moment.

Happy Boating