not working right

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Still not right, now its not working with Firefox or IE, only Chrome
The programmers just cant stop screwing up this site

jbcurt00

Staff member
Maybe you could be more specific?

I'm not having any problems navigating site, posting or performing Mod functions.

Firefox has been the historically less problem-matic platform.

Until the site works correctly, all the time, across all platforms, expect changes and a few hiccups along the way.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not complaining because I am on here for free. But I often wonder when it seems to be work pretty good, then one day everything is totally screwed up. I always wonder why... And not as computer savvy as others, I first think it is my computer... :noidea:

Presently everything seems to be okay with me...:)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Still not right, now its not working with Firefox or IE, only Chrome
The programmers just cant stop screwing up this site
When is the last time you updated Firefox?

Current version is 77.0.1

jbcurt00

Staff member
gm280 trying to fix the patient, sometimes the patient must be broken..... as long as they keep trying, we are hoping they dont to kill the patient...no matter how much we wish a long painful death to vB.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I once took a programming course in Visual Basic. And since it isn't written code like most other languages, but merely selecting the appropriate icon symbols and connecting them together for your program, I don't think it is as versatile as tried and true written line code. But that is merely my opinion. VB does have it's place, but it isn't for everything. No computer language covers every application...that's why there are so many different languages. JMHO

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sorry for the confusion. I honestly thought they were programming using Visual Basic. I guess I didn't think of other programs... Older work day terminology got me again. Thanks for the correction. :stupid:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Nothing wrong with Visual Basic, as opposed to vBulletin software, which is deserving of whatever vitriol can be hurled at it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I love VB and I hate VB. Figure it out! :D

As far as Internet Explorer not working right, even Microsoft dropped support for IE. It's Edge or nothing from MS. IE hasn't work with VB in years and it's not iBoats programmers, It's Microsoft's lack of support.

Firefox works fine.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
im using chrome and last week or two i thought i was just being stupid but this morning it was whacked and i followed process to make sure i was not being an idiot.

i log in, then I go tot he posts I want to look at/post opening in new tab. I then post , hit submit, all looks fine but post never shows then i am logged out and have to relog in.

I have updated windows (the automatic finally got me) but have not chrome just yet because i've heard they are not playing nice together just yet.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Still with Win 7 , Firefox , everything updated, and still cannot create a new topic, cannot get page 2 or more, cannot open pic that are posted to a response and the only browser that works is Chrome..All my other sites work normally ,
Is it me or iboats???????????

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Interesting, as usual it wants me to sign in but I didn't and this will be my second post not logged in.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
G7RtK69.png