iBoats WEBSITE OVERHAUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It would be amazement to see an iBoats.com website overhaul ! Specifically, speaking of the Forums. I haven't really looked at other sections (like reviews, shopping, what else?). As I said before, I am not going to analyze this website to find errors and/or poor designs/development/programming.

I can understand MONEY (funds) may be the issue here.

Years ago, I started on the internet with NEWSGROUPS, wow... that I started learning the WWW (like Al Gore invented the internet :lol: ). Along with AA and BBA degrees in Computers, I obtain Web Designs and Web Development (two kinds of certifications). But, that was a while ago (while it was HTML4 and CSS2, and didn't like Java, but Java is part of everything now anyways).

Yes, people come and go, so I might not be here long anyways. Even I have been involved in other Forums for quite some time (didn't want to be Moderator), they have done major updates (actually see the charges in plain view) and some overhauls (some came out good and others not so well). Websites couldn't remain "leave it as is" or static. Browsers change, features implementation, even if "technology" sounds the same... we need to embrace changes (actually it's quotes from people saying this).

Perhaps just me, when hovering the mouse cursor around the screen, the "dropdown menu" blobs over the whole screen, having to move the cursor around some more to clear the dropdown menus. Solution? Real simple, create the little menu box (with three/four bars) (again, forgive me for being behind with website terminology), sits quietly in small upper corner, only blobs open upon a mouse click. That's the biggest for me right now. Of course, as I see others mention about PM, etc (as I encounter those too).

Forgive me, if this website seems awesome and prefect for you guys, then please ignore this thread.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Perhaps you should consider reading a few topics in this Sub-forum about the forum and concerns/problems, before you post.

Forum has been in near constant update, upgrade and changes for more then 4yrs. However it has not been without problems......

Thanks for suggesting the obvious and already in process plans of upgrading/updating.....

Sometimes you ought to take a look around before posting about this topic or others. Lots of helpful info can be found thats alteady been exhaustively discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.