Iboats Forum Malware

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My anti virus software is preventing me from accessing the forum.

When I first attempt to access I get a message saying “Malicious Site Blocked”, “You attempted to access: https://click.clickanalytics208.com/s_code.js?c...”

”This web page is a known malicious web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.”

When I select “Continue to the site” I get this message:

”The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on click.clickanalytics208.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

It is then impossible to proceed to the iboats forum site.

My computer has Norton Security Online.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It's your Firefox, not the forum. Is Firefox up to date?

How did you get here to post this?

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My iPhone X permits forum access.

The Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 on my Windows 10 desktop computer presents those messages.

The Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0 permits normal access.

alldodge

Staff member
The site is acting real weird but not getting this issue since updating firefow new copy.

On a side note I do continue to get to on the formula forum

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My anti virus software is preventing me from accessing the forum.

When I first attempt to access I get a message saying “Malicious Site Blocked”, “You attempted to access: https://click.clickanalytics208.com/s_code.js?c...”

”This web page is a known malicious web page. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page.”

When I select “Continue to the site” I get this message:

”The site ahead contains malware

Attackers currently on click.clickanalytics208.com might attempt to install dangerous programs on your computer that steal or delete your information (for example, photos, passwords, messages, and credit cards).

It is then impossible to proceed to the iboats forum site.

My computer has Norton Security Online.
Here are images showing those Google Chrome warnings.

48932996161_10017092ce_z.jpg

48932454463_d853267b54_c.jpg

iboats_tim

User
hey guys, looks like we got hit by some hackers earlier today. we moved some things around and got everything fixed now. nothing other than forum usability was effected by this. we will continue to tighten up issues on the forums and should have some updates on improvements in the near future, most notably the log-in issue. Thanks for sticking by us as we work through this.

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The same Google Chrome warnings exist, preventing access on my computer using that browser.

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This image shows that my Norton Antivirus only permits selection of one web browser at a time, currently selected Google Chrome, that is now blocked from accessing iBOATS forum.

The Norton will be changed to Microsoft Edge to see if it also blocks the forum.

48935433251_b81acd9b6b_c.jpg

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Norton is now enabled on Microsoft Edge, but the forum is only blocked on Google Chrome, not on Microsoft Edge.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
All my browsers are working fine without throwing a security block.

What OS are you running and is it current? Have you updated anything after getting a warning about out of date browsers?

Since no other members are reporting this problem, maybe you should scan your machine? And check that Norton and all your browsers are up to date.

iboats_tim Any better ideas?

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was getting the same notices on Chrome using Bitdefender. Malware was indicated. It's fine now though.

wingless

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Whatever was causing the prior problem has abated, now again permitting normal forum access.

FWIW, my machine had been recently scanned and all my software had been update while the problem was detected.