Forum Format

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
The current forum format has a major flaw. while posts in the 39 major forums may get spoted as they may show up in the recent activity. there now is absolutely no visibility to manufacturer forums or the hundreds of other forums not in the top lists. Have to ask.....WTH happened to the prior website format? specifically the "todays activity" filter?

Scott Danforth

Staff member

Hey Tim and Kiter, while you are at it, you know you can no longer simply navigate to any of the manufactures forums https://forums.iboats.com/Boats/

unless you have an active thread, you can no longer get there unless you are savvy enough with google.

please fix

Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
spoke too soon...... site went PPPPPhhhhllllbbbttttt!!!!! and is back to the useless mobile format.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
ok, new game....... what format version will we get roulette....... make a post and the format changes.....

Scott Danforth

Staff member
ok, so the forum blew up again........

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, Scott. It keeps flipping between your screen capture and normal.

When it messes up, Working doesn't go away. Even with a refresh.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
hey iboats_tim , Kiter007 , what is with the minuscule fonts in the forums? the main forum pages are fine, however the individual threads have microscopic font....... us grey beards are getting harder to see.

hate to say it, however it is obvious that neither of you two actually use the forums

Scott Danforth

Staff member
my golf game is more consistent than the website forum. is there any home for a resolution?

alldodge

Staff member
It goes haywire quite often and I'm just learning to live with it.

I haven't received any notifications of postings for the last couple months. Have to login to see listing in message box

Scott Danforth

Staff member
It goes haywire quite often and I'm just learning to live with it.

I haven't received any notifications of postings for the last couple months. Have to login to see listing in message box

same here. havent had a notification for months

I estimated the forum changed between 3 different variations of format at least 40 times in the last 48 hours.