Something I just noticed.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Normally the system will display if I am logged in or if I need to log in, and shows me how many messages I have in the upper right hand corner, but it has not done that the last few day. Now it just shows the profile icon, but does not tell me if I am longed in or if I need to login.

southkogs

Staff member
I was playing with this AM to try to figure it out. The avatar and profile dropdown menu (where you get messages) is missing while viewing forum pages. You can click the default "head and shoulders" icon, and it will take you to your profile ... where, interestingly enough ... the menu is working properly :twitch:

alldodge

Staff member
Guess I messed up saying it was fine, now I have to go in and find messages

I should know better then poke the bear :facepalm:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
AD..... its poking the honey badger that we seem to do......

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am still seeing "2" under the login name/icon. Actually, I had "3" (or more) but I only have two (received) messages? Along with that, how to REPLY? or FWD?

No pun intend... but this website could do an overhaul. Whenever I move the mouse, the dropmenu pops over the screen (should make 'em in a click, then side slide menu, as most current websites are today). Even when drop the menu, then try to go to submenu, often it disappears (have to do it slow and carefully). And... solid white background... err...

Oh, also, uploading photos... recently I upload 5 photos (appears to be embedded), then double check the post, it's all there. Came back little later, all is gone (but the thread/post still had all that vast empty space). After played around a little, it came back, but in different format (little icons, have to click each one, twice, to see bigger photo, but still not as "full" as it was before in original post).

Spell check (including red lines) sometimes works, often not.

Web Design and Development (I have both certs), it's been so long for me (HTML4/CSS2, now both are a number up).

alldodge

Staff member
but this website could do an overhaul.

:nono: do we want another overhaul, took way to long the last time to get it working enough it could be used a little again

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't know if you notice it, but it's slow too, e.g., the server. But, that's something else. Actually, if hiring someone to redo the website, it takes few months (if they're good and know what they doing, don't ask me for recommendations). I wasn't even aware this had a "store" for parts, yet, looking for parts (I was looking for a KIT at that time), and there is NO photos/descriptions (but a Moderator explained that I had to find parts from other websites, get the part number (as for a KIT in my case), then come back). Then another said these part numbers may or may not be apples to apples. Well? Makes sense to shop else where? Again, no pun intend. There's other things, but I am not going to analyze this website.

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
but this website could do an overhaul.
:nono: This probably shocked you? Well, FACE IT, Warren. But, again, I am not going to analyze this website. Without mention/listing what I've come across (and I am sure others too), I just want to ask why I am still having the "2" PMs, but I've READ these "2" messages. Also, as I mentioned, how to FWD the message (if you must, it's a spam/scam PM I received, and just want to FWD it to a Moderator, since as one of the "2" message is from that Moderator asking for it).

FWIW, missions, visions, icons, logos, color, shape, designs, etc, come and go... to embrace changes and keep up with the "times".

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Open the scam message and select Forward on top of the message, plug in the Mods username and send it.

CNT

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Open the scam message and select Forward on top of the message, plug in the Mods username and send it.
Did that, not working. I see and click a "Forward" button, but nothing happens (no name field or action), just a new "reply" message box below, that's it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you Select anything - Either All or None? All is selected to forward all the messages.