iBoats login drinking game

iboats_tim

User
Hey Scott Danforth, we're in the midst of bringing in an entirely new development team. The login system has never worked properly from the start and getting that fixed will be a priority for the new team. I unfortunately don't have an estimated completion date for this but I will share updates when possible. Thanks for sticking with us despite all the inconveniences this issue has caused.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Hey Scott Danforth, we're in the midst of bringing in an entirely new development team. The login system has never worked properly from the start and getting that fixed will be a priority for the new team. I unfortunately don't have an estimated completion date for this but I will share updates when possible. Thanks for sticking with us despite all the inconveniences this issue has caused.

My liver and I have had an agreement......they sell new livers every day.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Time for another round..................................of games.

It's getting worse not better. :smile:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ya and I still have that stupid bar in the middle of my screen on the LT.......

Scott Danforth

Staff member
I would normally care..... However based on the rules of this thread...... Im drunk

alldodge

Staff member
Wad yall talking bout, I forrrrget, and also need a :grouphug:

Scott Danforth

Staff member
OK, login is now every other day. however I have to login twice each time to actually get in........ good thing Im in rehab or I would have died of cirrhosis

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
OK, login is now every other day. however I have to login twice each time to actually get in........ good thing Im in rehab or I would have died of cirrhosis

It’s even more fun if you log in on multiple devices in a given day.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Scott Danforth, I’ve frequently been having to login twice in succession to get on, lately, so I guess I’ll soon be catching up to you and your liver in the drinking game.

I visit a number of other forums that run vBulletin software and they are not hot messes. Everything works, it’s easy to post images, etc. Why does iBoats have such a problem with it?

jbcurt00

Staff member
JASinIL2006

Those forums probably didnt drink the vB kool-aid and upgrade to vB5. The trouble really started when they upgraded from vB4.xxx to vB5.

Been a rollercoaster ever since.

All attempts to make changes and further updates to the next version of vB5.xx, in the long run, only made it worse...

IMO, the whole upgrade debacle and subsequent attempts to make improvements that weren't, is a significantly bigger corporate mis-step then Disney failing to expect a demand for baby yoda merch, which was huge. Esp considering its Christmas time.

But what do I know, I'm a lowly Mod thats kept in the dark w the rest of the mushrooms, or as they're known here: other Mods.

Hope 2020 sees some significant progress in getting the bilge pumped dry, the ship righted and cruising along w no problems.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
keep in mind, the brilliant minds that came up with VB4 left the company, and the hacks that were left (that had no concept of what they were/are doing came up with VB5..... talk about bloat-ware and incompetence. My guess they came from the MS 10 development team.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
JASinIL2006

Those forums probably didnt drink the vB kool-aid and upgrade to vB5. The trouble really started when they upgraded from vB4.xxx to vB5.

Been a rollercoaster ever since.

All attempts to make changes and further updates to the next version of vB5.xx, in the long run, only made it worse...

IMO, the whole upgrade debacle and subsequent attempts to make improvements that weren't, is a significantly bigger corporate mis-step then Disney failing to expect a demand for baby yoda merch, which was huge. Esp considering its Christmas time.

But what do I know, I'm a lowly Mod thats kept in the dark w the rest of the mushrooms, or as they're known here: other Mods.

Hope 2020 sees some significant progress in getting the bilge pumped dry, the ship righted and cruising along w no problems.

It's really a shame, because it seems that we've lost many regular and valuable contributors who got tired of the glitches and stopped visiting.

Anyway, you mods really do a good job at keeping this place running smoothly (or as smoothly as the technology allows). Not an easy job, I know...

Thanks!

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Hey mods, what happened to the forum last night and today........ was getting the DT's

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We have an idea, but it isn't prudent to speculate.

I only found a working forum when a shot glass slipped out of my shaking fingers and bumped the F5 key to refresh. :D

tpenfield

Staff member
I think it was broken and needed a jump start. (sorry for the technical terms :D )