No announcement yet.

iBoats login drinking game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few bumps this morning y'all ... had to restart the server ...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Server II.png
Views:	1
Size:	555.9 KB
ID:	10820196

Comment

Scott Danforth, I’ve frequently been having to login twice in succession to get on, lately, so I guess I’ll soon be catching up to you and your liver in the drinking game.

I visit a number of other forums that run vBulletin software and they are not hot messes. Everything works, it’s easy to post images, etc. Why does iBoats have such a problem with it?
      Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

JASinIL2006

Those forums probably didnt drink the vB kool-aid and upgrade to vB5. The trouble really started when they upgraded from vB4.xxx to vB5.

Been a rollercoaster ever since.

All attempts to make changes and further updates to the next version of vB5.xx, in the long run, only made it worse...

IMO, the whole upgrade debacle and subsequent attempts to make improvements that weren't, is a significantly bigger corporate mis-step then Disney failing to expect a demand for baby yoda merch, which was huge. Esp considering its Christmas time.

But what do I know, I'm a lowly Mod thats kept in the dark w the rest of the mushrooms, or as they're known here: other Mods.

Hope 2020 sees some significant progress in getting the bilge pumped dry, the ship righted and cruising along w no problems.
        Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

keep in mind, the brilliant minds that came up with VB4 left the company, and the hacks that were left (that had no concept of what they were/are doing came up with VB5..... talk about bloat-ware and incompetence. My guess they came from the MS 10 development team.
          Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
          1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
          2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
          1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by jbcurt00 View Post
            JASinIL2006

Those forums probably didnt drink the vB kool-aid and upgrade to vB5. The trouble really started when they upgraded from vB4.xxx to vB5.

Been a rollercoaster ever since.

All attempts to make changes and further updates to the next version of vB5.xx, in the long run, only made it worse...

IMO, the whole upgrade debacle and subsequent attempts to make improvements that weren't, is a significantly bigger corporate mis-step then Disney failing to expect a demand for baby yoda merch, which was huge. Esp considering its Christmas time.

But what do I know, I'm a lowly Mod thats kept in the dark w the rest of the mushrooms, or as they're known here: other Mods.

Hope 2020 sees some significant progress in getting the bilge pumped dry, the ship righted and cruising along w no problems.
            It's really a shame, because it seems that we've lost many regular and valuable contributors who got tired of the glitches and stopped visiting.

Anyway, you mods really do a good job at keeping this place running smoothly (or as smoothly as the technology allows). Not an easy job, I know...

Thanks!
            Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

Hey mods, what happened to the forum last night and today........ was getting the DT's

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats

Comment

We have an idea, but it isn't prudent to speculate.

I only found a working forum when a shot glass slipped out of my shaking fingers and bumped the F5 key to refresh.
                BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                That is what the forums are for.
                Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

I think it was broken and needed a jump start. (sorry for the technical terms )
                  Best regards, Ted . . . . Cape Cod, MA

Current Boats: Formula 330 Sun Sport, O'Day Mariner Sail #3224, Sunfish
                  Past Boats: Catalina 22 Sail #10531, Formula 242 Sun Sport
                  Twin Mercruiser 7.4 LX MPI (0F802036, 039), Bravo 3's (0F806198, 199), Mercury 7.5 HP (1969), Johnson 4.5 HP (1980)

My Boating Web Pages: http://www.tpenfield.com

Comment

Love this! colonel_sanders

Comment

I thinks its broken again.

colonel_sanders

Click image for larger version

Name:	iboats-broken-today.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	10831462

Past Boats

Comment

Scott - When did that happen, before or after entering search terms?

You know I'm gonna say this - Search is working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                          Scott - When did that happen, before or after entering search terms?

You know I'm gonna say this - Search is working for me.
                          it happened by opening up the website and clicking on my usual "todays post" button

Past Boats

Comment

That search. I looked at the header in your screen cap and Advanced Search is shown above Search Result. No idea.

I take it it's working OK now?

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                              That search. I looked at the header in your screen cap and Advanced Search is shown above Search Result. No idea.

I take it it's working OK now?
                              okish........

Past Boats

Comment

Working...
                              X