FIXED - Messages page is messed up . . .

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Can this link be stickied at the top of forums so we can find it easily?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can this link be stickied at the top of forums so we can find it easily?

I asked Admin to put a forum notice with the link on top of the pages. They can do that a lot easier than adding stickies and should be easier to find and use.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The PM notice is now at the top.

Click your choice on the left side menu once you get to your Notifications.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That works, now if people will just notice it. :lol:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Although the menu now opens when clicking on your avatar picture to check your messages, notifications, the display is extremely short, won't read a thing. But opens nicely on the provided posted link..

Iboats.JPG

Happy Boating

alldodge

Staff member
Things are getting better, so thanks for working on the issues admin

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
Got the same problem on PC Microsoft Edge and on Chrome on both my phone and tablet, message and activities are showing just a sliver of the needed information.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Having been a Programmer for 20 years...I'm curious about the length of time it's taking to make this fix. Is iBoats we site on a volunteer basis or is there dedicated personnel working on it.?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Got the same problem on PC Microsoft Edge and on Chrome on both my phone and tablet, message and activities are showing just a sliver of the needed information.

Have you not noticed the link at the top of every forum page that allows for the message center work around for now?

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
Have you not noticed the link at the top of every forum page that allows for the message center work around for now?

lol of course I did not, I honestly though it was another spam or add box. Thx

southkogs

Staff member
Having been a Programmer for 20 years...I'm curious about the length of time it's taking to make this fix. Is iBoats we site on a volunteer basis or is there dedicated personnel working on it.?
There is a dedicated team working on it - both the store side and forums. Right now the priority for that team has been to fix the store side. They are working on the forums, but not at the same pace. Current ETA to "mostly fixed" = :noidea:

southkogs

Staff member
Looks like it's working in all browsers for me (even Firefox). iboats_tim did y'all know you fixed it? :D

DRS4164 try clearing your cache out. See if that helps.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Messages page works on my Droid, but getting there is still wonky. Have to hit my avatar just right (or at least multiple times) to get drop down menu to drop down. Otherwise I'm directed to the editting my profile page.....

fixed? Sorta?¿?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
messages working......now dont touch nothin'