FIXED - Messages page is messed up . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
When you go to the 'Your Messages' page from the drop=down under your avatar, the resulting page is not formatted correctly and shows a sliver of the message detail with no ability to scroll.

I noticed this happened about 6:30 ish this morning and still persists.

alldodge

Staff member
This and a couple other issues have been an issue since the past upgrade/change.

To get to messages, I select my name and it brings me to where your at. Then hover over your name again, and the "Message" link will show up. It can then be selected

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
So much much for "New and Improved", Old and Lousy has some good things going for it

alldodge

Staff member
So long as your looking, there is also an issue that does not bring me to the last post not seen, it takes me to the last post. I get notified and then select link. The link takes me to the last post even if there have been 5, 10 or more post since I last looked at it

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Same with Win10 Google chrome and Chromebook.

message issue.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Also lost the back to the top arrow in the messages that was floating in the bottom right.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Getting both the scruched messages page and the rapid scroll to the end of the 1st page of a thread

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I realize there was a total "update" made recently and that started so many of the problems we all seem to be experiencing. I wonder if incremental updates would have been a better idea. Since the older version didn't have all these problems, why were they changed? Seem the code for those sections would have remained untouched... IDK I used to program existing code to update new options when needed. But unless there were problems with existing code for some areas, they were never changed, only incorporated in with the new changes. Again, IDK

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Same exact described issues with Google Chrome and Win 7 Pro. The page doesn't work as used to, it's useless. When ckicking on the Messages link only drops now and then, most times doesn't, has developed serious software moments...

Happy Boating

harringtondav

Commander
I just got through to my messages. I picked on the narrow sliver of "Inbox Preview" that is visible. It refreshed showing the "Message Center" pick. Pick that and the full message list appears.

tpenfield

Staff member
FWIW - it does render correctly on my iPhone. So, I am wondering if an adaptive design feature is causing the issue. :noidea:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Thanks Waterman. I had some PM's that I couldnt get to and your link worked.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Glad I read this post. I was/am having the same problem and Waterman's link took me right to my messages.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Watermann I thought I was pretty good with finding workarounds. You beat me on this one. :thumb:

How in the world..................................?