Forum just blew up

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
just after logging on this morning, the forum blew up. another thing to note, new members are coming in with a date of June 2012

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, it looks like once you post a reply, the returning page is all jumbled up.

kdiddle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
mine has been all jumbled up since yesterday. I actually came to the 'forum issues' section yesterday, but I didn't see any complaints so I assumed it was just me. I've tried a couple different browsers with no change. The topics are nearly unreadable to me due to all the garbled text and images

Scott Danforth

Staff member
seems to be somewhat functional at work - Win 10 with Mozilla

however as you post and hit enter, the screen scrolls up and down a few times. my guess a script routine to combat the scrolling to bottom that showed up a month ago.

southkogs

Staff member
My views on three different browswers were jacked up almost all of yesterday. I had to revert to emailing the MODs and iBoats by evening. It seems whatever happened was somewhat regional. GA-boater and I had the all jumbled up screens, but iBoats_Tim didn't. Aspeck was traveling and encountered problems in one place, but not in another. Really wierd.

When I hit the deck at midnight (Central), it was all still messed up. This morning I'm back in good shape. Weird.

kdiddle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Same here Southkogs...not long after adding my comment above, my forum went right back to normal so I guess they got it fixed

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
After about 12 hours of mush, things picked up a little after midnight down here.

Other than the old issues, is anyone still seeing the jumble?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Wow, in a way I am glad to hear this. I though my computer was trying to over-throw me again...

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
For awhile the site was all messed up on Chrome, worked fine in IE, now it is acting up with IE, but Chrome is kind of stable. I haven't tried it in Safari. On the ipad using IOS, all bets are off

Scott Danforth

Staff member
iBoats roulette....you never know what youre going to get

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I have new messages but when I try to access them nothing shows up. The only way I can read them is by going through all the new posts and pick out the ones I am subscribed to. Anyone else having this issue?

southkogs

Staff member
DRS4164

Depends on what you mean. Right now, the drop down menu that is supposed to appear up by your avatar isn't dropping down for me Chrome. So, from that menu I can't get to messages. IF I click my avatar, it will take me into my profile where the drop down does work and I can get to my messages. In the other browsers I keep an eye on (Firefox and Safari) the drop down works all of the time.

That problem showed up about a month ago or so. Kinda' like the weird page jumping people are having when you click into a topic.

If you mean that you can't get to that list of messages at all, then "no," I haven't heard of that problem.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I have new messages but when I try to access them nothing shows up. The only way I can read them is by going through all the new posts and pick out the ones I am subscribed to. Anyone else having this issue?

That happened to me yesterday, today it seems fine, But, the day is still young

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
The drop down at my avatar works. When I click on messages it goes to another page but no messages appear. If I click on Activity nothing shows up.Apparently it is a Firefox problem. I just went to Chrome and it worked great. Sooo... my problem is solved for now.