This will be ironic if I can post this but.. I can't post a new topic...

JJsays77

Seaman
After I press post it just says "Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard." and nothing appears in the forum.. please help.

JJsays77

Seaman
Sooo apparently it worked here. Anyone know why it won't post a new topic in Mercury & Mariner Outboards???

southkogs

Staff member
Not sure ... I just tested it out and I was able to post. What browser are you runnin'?

JJsays77

Seaman
I just got it to post after trying many things... FYI to any moderators or whoever can fix this for someone in the future.. all I did was shorten my title to 2 words and it finally posted.
I feel like there should be an error message somewhere stating why it didn't post. Specifically because there was something wrong with the title I'm guessing? That would have saved me a couple hours of headache.

JJsays77

Seaman
Not sure ... I just tested it out and I was able to post. What browser are you runnin'?

Chrome. Is there a maximum character limit for the title? My title wasn't even that long, but maybe just a tad too long before?

JJsays77

Seaman

My original title was going to be "No Spark - 8HP Mercury 1989 2 Stroke - Are these Coil, Stator, and Trigger Readings Good?"

Then I just changed it to "No Spark" Although I think more information in the title would be more beneficial for someone scrolling through.

southkogs

Staff member
There is a character limit, but I forget what it is. You definitely tapped it though. The editor allows edits for a short time after you post, and I'm guessing it releases the restriction at that point. The developers have also been working behind the scene, so you may have gotten wrapped up in that somehow.