Forum messed up again...

havoc_squad

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I know major bugs are frustrating, but lets remember to avoid the torches and pitchforks. Especially when its a service we get for free, the public often has a habit of not appreciating the labor, complexity, and expense to maintain key web services. Nothing is said until a major issue arises, then people get worked up and want to figuratively throw the administrators or the forum software company under the bus.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If I could quote you Micky, I would. Tim, if you can fix it, we all will pitch in for something stronger than coffee.....

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
after panel removal 70pct.jpg Looks to be fixed now, at least what I can see so far.
Ooops, can post image but can't adjust the position or cut the text.

Attachments

• after panel removal 70pct.jpg
    after panel removal 70pct.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Back to "near" normal. Some little niggling things, but as a whole it's much better.

froggy1150

Master Chief Petty Officer
Well fyi..... mobile devices android.
my page button is covered and can't move it at too of page.

Attachments

• photo308585.png
    photo308585.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 0

harringtondav

Commander
Seems mostly OK. I haven't tried to attach a pic. But the "Latest Activity" list's text is so small I'm going to have to up the power on my reading glasses.

Thalasso

Commander
Who decides which font to use? You should fire him/her
Terrible. It's hard to read

southkogs

Staff member
The font is on the glitch list. When we originally converted to this version of VB, this was the font that was there. The push that caused all of this, reverted us back. They're working on it y'all. Hang in there.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
New and Improved, Better is often the Enemy of Good...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
For some reason I can’t attach a picture using the little paper clip thingy like normal .. I’ll try again here .. Nope no go ..

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
IOS
1. No edit function available after posting
2. Font on page 2 of sort is messed up
3. Spell check interface not working correctly
4. The server returns "working" when posting a reply. Can immediately generate a new post on the same thread, but the original post is stuck in the "working" process. Close thread. Return to main menu, reopen thread. Same issue. No edit, quote, etc. functionality
5. Still getting "Debug" and " AJAX" screens here and there

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
IOS
1. No edit function available after posting
2. Font on page 2 of sort is messed up
3. Spell check interface not working correctly
4. The server returns "working" when posting a reply. Can immediately generate a new post on the same thread, but the original post is stuck in the "working" process. Close thread. Return to main menu, reopen thread. Same issue. No edit, quote, etc. functionality
5. Still getting "Debug" and " AJAX" screens here and there

Dingbat - Passed this and a few other things on to IT to work on. Hoping for some improvement across the board.

tpenfield

Staff member
Since I am in the I.T. business, I know how things can get messed up and the fire drills that ensue. So, I tend not to make a fuss when things go off the rails.

I have noticed of late that the forum site works better on the iPhone than it does on the computer.

My curiosity is if the problems were a result of some planned changes to the site, or if there was some sort of malicious activity by an external party that got things messed up. Enquiring minds want to know :)

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
On My ipad it is totally messed up, it only goes to the sales dept, and even then it is just a bunch of teext