Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I need to log in every couple days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I need to log in every couple days?

Doesn't matter if on PC or tablet, every couple days when I come back to the iBoats tab, I've been logged out and need to log back in. Every other forum I participate on, and it's quite a few, once I log in, I'm kept logged in unless I close the browser or restart the device. Not so on this forum.
    1994 Seaswirl Sypder 188 5.0 Cobra EFI

For us it's an issue of some things going on the background. iBoats did a change-over to their site and to their forum a while back and it tossed everything into a tailspin. If you read around some of the older forum posts, you'll see a bunch of the glitches that have come and gone.

They've been working on the problem for some time, and correcting things in real time. That means pushes are happening sometimes daily, and some glitches are still alive and well. That's causing log outs for members. No ETA on a fix, but it is something they are working on.

Comment

Using multiple platforms also increases the frequency of logoffs. Try using only 1 device for a few days and see if the logoff is less frequent.

Now that I use just 1, it happens to me much less often
      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

It happens to me too, every so often.
        I'm not complaining because this site is smooth in every other way.

There's another forum I frequent which is super slow to load. As you're reading the posts, it jerks and jumps to the first post. It drove me away from that forum.

So, I guess I'm saying, the need to log back in once in a while is no biggie. This site is GREAT!

Comment

Well alrighty then. I guess I won't sweat it. Thanks
          1994 Seaswirl Sypder 188 5.0 Cobra EFI

Comment

Originally posted by southkogs View Post
            No ETA on a fix, but it is something they are working on.
            southkogs, I'm sure you and the other mods are just as and probably more frustrated than the rest of us but honestly, just how long has it been now that they are working on a fix? I'm thinking it's been at least 2 years and probably closer to 3.
            It might be time to just admit that this is the way it is and it's not ever going to be fixed.

jb, I only use 1 device and have to log back in every 2 days rain or shine.

Comment

I'm not complaining about it in anyway but, I have to log in every 2 days. Been doing it for a long time and I only use my desktop computer. I'm on 15 other Forums (Mustang, F150, Ford Edge) and never have to log in.

It doesn't bother me
              1977 MFG 70hp Evinrude Clinton, Tennessee

Comment

It kicks me out every 36 hours or so, whether I use both the computer and ipad, or just the computer.

Comment

its been kicking most people out since the re-vamp of the site.
                  Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                  1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                  2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                  1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by jimmbo View Post
                    It kicks me out every 36 hours or so, whether I use both the computer and ipad, or just the computer.
                    That's roughly what I have happen too.

And C22 is right. It is frustrating for all involved. Somewhere in the process the setup was pooch-kicked pretty bad, and that's jacked up the store even more than the forums (which is where they have been concentrating). That's all of iBoats business to handle, and I don't think it's right for me to comment much on it. BUT, I will say that a lot (definitely not all) of what is wrong with the forum side right now is inconvenient, not really a disaster anymore. If you've been with us for a while (thank, and God-bless you), then it's pretty different, user tools are not as intuitive and you're still fighting a learning curve. But a lot of the newer crowd is really just dealing with the inconvenient stuff.

I don't mean to over "fan-boy" it, but at the same time - I really would rather talk about boatin' stuff

Comment

Funny part for me is, the user info is already present when asked to log in. Just click log in.
                      When goals have no clear focus, neither will the actions of the people trying to achieve them

Comment

Originally posted by foodfisher View Post
                        Funny part for me is, the user info is already present when asked to log in. Just click log in.
                        that simply means you have google or firefox saving your password for you

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Danforth View Post
                          its been kicking most people out since the re-vamp of the site.
                          Ironic that 'New and Improved' is worse than 'Old and Lousy'

Comment

I understand why the site was changed, and it was for a security issue associated with VB.

Like every software update, 5 things get fixed, and 2 things get broken. Mostly because the software base code writers are not users

Past Boats

Comment

No big deal for me, I normally have to log in on Sunday and Wed it only takes a second, the benefits far outweigh the logging in.

Comment

Working...
                              X