Site Navigation Wierdness - just happened today . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
In navigating the iBoats forum this morning, I noticed some weirdness happening when I go into the 'Messages' area of the site.

If I go to the inbox or Posts, or any other of the message options listed the URL shows as http://dev-forums.iboats.com/ . . . .
iBoats1.png
When I click on any of those links (Posts for example), I get an old listing of the subscriptions, yet the final URL shows as http://www.iboats.com/user/tpenfield/messages

iBoats2.png

This would normally display the threads that I was subscribed to, starting with the most recent ones. However . . . this list looks 6 months old and incomplete. almost like it was data from a 'test' system, instead of the live database.

Similar thing happens when I go to my inbox . . . I get old data.

Something is amiss . . .

tpenfield

Staff member
Just to add information as to what I am seeing . . .

If I am in the 'Messages' section and click on the forums link . . .

iBoats3.png
The URL shows that it is going to the " dev-forums.iboats.com " server . . .

and the resulting page is actually on the ' dev-forums' server . . .

iBoats4.png

I hope this additional info helps diagnose the issue.

Yesterday, everything was fine. Today, it is not.

iboats_tim

User
Thanks tpenfield , i just noticed this myself. we made some updates to the site this morning and it looks like the wrong link got in place when the header was regenerated. We are fixing now

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Something definitely odd going on with the site.

It's happening on my laptop with Windows 7 and Google Chrome and on my Android phone as well. :grumpy:

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

southkogs

Staff member
iboats_tim - it's whacking out again. Can't give ya' much more - seems to be intermittent. But I can recreate it easier on a browser where I'm not logged in.

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 5.09.25 PM.png

iboats_tim

User
Well at least we fixed the link! Just got this over to our tech team, it looks like we have some broken styling. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Web site is still jacked up, was fine a few hours earlier but now?????????????????

bassman284

Commander
What a mess! does Vb ever do anything right the first time? I'll check back tomorrow and see if it's cleaned up. I'm not even sure this will post.

Kiter007

iboats.com employee
Really sucks. We have our night team working on it. We're hoping this is resolved by tomorrow AM.

southkogs

Staff member
Holly (it's Christmas time) carp ... this is really jacked up. It's like Salvador Dali as a web designer. Good luck fellas.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
And I was worried it was on my end. Never know where your computer tries something new and screws up different things. Seem to be working just great today. Thanks to whomever fixed it. :thumb:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Looks good this morning, on both my desktop (w/Firefox) and iPad (w/Safari). It sure was messed up last night... thanks for getting it fixed!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
All good here as well! Laptop and phone both working normally on iboats this morning. :eagerness:

Kiter007

iboats.com employee
Thanks again for your patience.

FYI: The VBulletin upgrade is in the queue for Feb. We'll let you know more as they begin the work after the holidays.