Iboats log in issue

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Had trouble logging in. Would not accept password. No big thing; just made up a new one. Just thought I would mention it.

southkogs

Staff member
I got logged off this morning too, but didn't have any password trouble. If you have this happen again, bump this topic for me and we'll push it over to the developer guys.

Thanks!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I got logged off this morning too, but didn't have any password trouble. If you have this happen again, bump this topic for me and we'll push it over to the developer guys.

Thanks!

Consider being bumped; would not take new Password. Again; just changing it is no problem. Please let Tim know!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Blame it on the weather? Sunspots? I don't know; nothing has changed. Again it's no biggie; just reporting the glich.

southkogs

Staff member
Don't have any inerrant biases against Hippos do you? Those critters can be vindictive. ;)

Stay tuned.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Hey! We Seniors (at least most) are patient! I'll let the experts figure it out.

iboats_tim

User
Hey Redfred1, glad you were able to get logged back on. We'll be looking at everything with user accounts as we try to resolve this login issue, so i'll make sure we check out the password configuration as well.

Kiter007

iboats.com employee
All, I know that our engineers are resolving a DNS issue in the "Classifieds" area of the website, which maintains more than 2,000 URLs (domain names). It seems every time the engineers change any DNS settings there seem to be unintended consequences--though usually only temporary.

Let's monitor this over the next 48 hours, and then evaluate persistent issues from there.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Redfred1, glad you were able to get logged back on. We'll be looking at everything with user accounts as we try to resolve this login issue, so i'll make sure we check out the password configuration as well.

Yes Sir; tried old password; didn't work. Got a new P/W and it worked!.
Question? Should I stay logged in or continue requesting a new P/W every time. Either way; I don't care.

alldodge

Staff member
I never log out but it still shows around once every couple weeks it shows me logged out.

Need to pay real close attention, but do think I'm able to respond to a posting without being logged in. Select a email link, go to post, read and respond and then I notice I'm logged out, but my posting went through as normal. Just happened a couple minutes ago)

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I never log out but it still shows around once every couple weeks it shows me logged out.

Need to pay real close attention, but do think I'm able to respond to a posting without being logged in. Select a email link, go to post, read and respond and then I notice I'm logged out, but my posting went through as normal. Just happened a couple minutes ago)

Mine works the same way.

southkogs

Staff member

There's a wierd state that a user can get into where you're not really logged in, but not really logged out ... not sure exactly how that works, and I don't think the developers have it figured out yet either. Lots of work happening in the store side - nearly daily - so it may have something to do with how your profile works across the platforms.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Att. Tim. logged me off again. No big thing;still can get on.

Log offs have been a problem, happens to all of us. But were you able to use the last password or had to make a new one?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
No Sir; tried the last P/W; it would not accept it. Just used the same procedure.

Again; I'm commenting; not complaining. It's no big thing for a password.

Patience is a Virtue!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Only asking because it isn't normal to have to make new passwords every time you log in.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I agree; but it happens. Seems like it happens in spurts. Don't think the problem is on this end. I only have 2 other Sites I frequent;and those not that often. I will continue to do the same thing until told differently.