Private Messaging Not Working?

alldodge

Staff member
As previous I had 4 pages worth of PM's and deleted a full page and emptied the trash and it still had the issue
Was able to respond to Teds new PM
Also able to start new and send to Ted

Just like yesterday same issue with Bruce, once southkogs was able to send a message to me things started working. Then today its doing it again

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
UPDATE:Not sure if the techies in the computer room have fix it, but I emptied my Trash Folder and was able to send southkogs a message just now. It looks like it went through because it showed up in my sent items.

Wondering if this is a trash bin limitation :noidea:

I'm not sure what the message limit is, but all messages count toward the limit - Inbox, Trash and Sent.

A word on trashing - When any message from the Inbox or Sent folders is sent to Trash, it isn't removed from your message limit. The only way to delete is to go to the Trash folder and Delete Permanently. So you can have an empty Inbox but incoming messages will be rejected because Trash and Sent messages are counting against the limit.

tpenfield

Staff member
I just sent one to AD and it went through. He did the same to me (sent a newly composed message) . . .

I did empty my trash bin, but not sure if it was coincidental or not. Maybe folks should try emptying their trash bin if they are having trouble send new PM's to see if there is some consistency.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
For an old guy, I seem to remember a thread about taking out the Trash and it didn't work until the Sanitation Engineers picked it up at the curb.

In other words - It may take a little extra time before it works through the system and isn't always immediate.

southkogs

Staff member
Okay - I think I'm caught up. Thanks for the PMs on this Ted.

We'll give it a little bit for the propeller heads to chime in.

iboats_tim

User
Hi guys, I changed some settings with PM limits on the backend but i'm not sure if they will help or not. Reading around the internet a bit, it does sound like it might be the storage/trash thing might be the problem. I'll see if I can find anything else.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Hell right now, I can't even get into my user area, the one time I did, the page was wonky and I couldn't read anything.!!

:lol:

Fun Times

Staff member
Anyone else's private message section not fully "loading" in-turn not allowing you to open up any of the sections within like the inbox, sent box, etc.?