Private Messaging Not Working?

tpenfield

Staff member
I tried sending a PM a few days ago, but it did not seem to go through. There was a message that the PM was sent, but it did not show up in my sent items. I tried several times throughout the day to re-send, etc. I thought it might have been that my mailbox was full or something like that. I deleted a bunch of messages out of my inbox and tried the same in my sent items folder, but the won't delete.

Is the PM system broken?

alldodge

Staff member
Had the same issue going on between me and Bruceb58. After contacting the Mods and some test messages to others it started working again. Sounds like your having the same issue

alldodge

Staff member
I tried to send 3 and none wound up in my sent folder

tpenfield

Staff member
I got the test messages from southkogs and GA and was able to reply. If I compose a new message it does not seem to go or end up in my sent items.

I'll try a few more and report back.

tpenfield

Staff member
I just sent a test PM to AllDodge . . . It said it went through, but the message did not show up in the sent items folder.

I had also tried PM'ing harringtondav last week several times . . . same thing. Never got a reply or anything, so I assume they did not go through.

tpenfield

Staff member
It seems that I can reply to a message that I receive, but not originate a PM myself. I get the green banner that says it was sent, but the message doesn’t go and not added to sent items.

this morning I sent PM’s to

GA_Boater , harringtondav , AllDodge

none of them seemed to go through.

alldodge

Staff member
Yep no message here. bruceb58 managed to send me a message by using a old message. I'll try that

tpenfield

Staff member
AllDodge I got your message that you used a prior message to reply to.

Seems like new messages are the issue, yet the Mods are able to send new messages.

southkogs

Staff member
AllDodge tpenfield bruceb58

As best I can tell from what I can see, your settings are correct in your profiles to send PMs, but you're not able to originate them. I've pinged Kiter, Tim and Zach in another topic to take a look and see if there is anything under the hood that's not working right.

One more thing I just thought of to check though - can you try deleting some of your PM topics (unless you've only got just a few)? I'm wondering if there is some sort of "IN BOX FULL" type of glitch happening.

alldodge

Staff member
Have 4 pages and deleted all of the ones on page 4, then went to trash and emptied that. Sent another test to Ted and nothing in the sent folder

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
harringtondav

This is off topic, but could you check your PM's? I sent you a test message. Thanks.

EDIT - Moved this out of your rub rail thread after seeing you were active in this thread.

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
UPDATE:Not sure if the techies in the computer room have fix it, but I emptied my Trash Folder and was able to send southkogs a message just now. It looks like it went through because it showed up in my sent items.

Wondering if this is a trash bin limitation :noidea: