Adding photos to a post

hoangnganvy1993

Recruit
I don't know if this is the right forum for this. I followed the instructions in the rules and guide lines section to add photos to my post but haven't seen the photos with my post.What am I doing wrong ? Do I click on SAVE after I upload the photos ?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
You need to have at least 3 posts before you can upload pix. Just post a couple more times and you'll be good to go.

southkogs

Staff member
I didn't realize I had left out the minimum posts on the new iteration of the tutorial (can't believe it's gone this long!). Just updated it to show that.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I didn't realize I had left out the minimum posts on the new iteration of the tutorial (can't believe it's gone this long!). Just updated it to show that.

its in the rules that everyone is supposed to read when they sign up for the site prior to hitting "accept"

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Jumping into this post with a similar problem. I have made many posts so that shouldn't be the problem. I was able to post photos in the past but now all I get is an Unknown Error and can't post.. Ideas???

I keep trying to upload pics in the forum but get a message that says Unknown Error and they won't upload... Tried jpg and gif in about 375kb size... I have a space in the filename now that I think about it so will go change that and see if it will upload.

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Jumping into this post with a similar problem. I have made many posts so that shouldn't be the problem. I was able to post photos in the past but now all I get is an Unknown Error and can't post.. Ideas???

I keep trying to upload pics in the forum but get a message that says Unknown Error and they won't upload... Tried jpg and gif in about 375kb size... I have a space in the filename now that I think about it so will go change that and see if it will upload.

Are you using Internet Explorer? IE does give an Unknown Error message for some unknown reason and no solution has been found so far. Chrome and Firefox work fine.

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yup, internet explorer.. Will switch to Chrome and see if it works... Thanks...